Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Loeb to F1 in 2010?

Hi! Today I've found this new :http://desporto.autohoje.com/index.p...2339&Itemid=51
    Basically its says that Loeb is going to F1 in 2010.
    Does any one knows anithing about this, or is it just BS?

--

Sébastien Loeb admits that will compete in Formula 1 in 2010, after the eighth place in Montmeló achieved during the tests made in Red Bull, being indifferent to those who considered it to change the old category.

"The heads of the teams that think I am too old, but mentally I am not: the age would not be an obstacle for me ', says Loeb, of 34 years, in statements to Libération.

The Five of the World Rally believes in testing next year will be enough for him to open the doors of the "Big Circus" in 2010: "With the testing program, to be run in Formula 1 in 2010."

On the horizon of small Gaul, are also testing with Peugeot in 2009, following the tests in Paul Ricard.
    mdesign 0_o

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rumours go that PSA wants to buy the old Honda F1 team and put the standard engine in it that Cosworth is making.
    Citroen's boss was already mentining that Loeb wil do sportscars next year with Peugeot. Lob needs a lot of tarmac practising to convince the F1 team bosses.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    PSA to go in F1 and use Cosworth engine in it ??? No interest !!! Better to stay in WRC and Endurance for each of the marques !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The biggest rally-forum in Turkey -www.rallivideo.com/forums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, there might be something in here If Loeb goes to F1, WRC might get more interesting, and F1 also (at least for me)
    mdesign 0_o

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is something brewing at PSA Group......

Olivier Quesnel has just been named as Director of Peugeot Sport and Citroën Sport from 1st January 2009.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Pretty amazing they'd buy an F1 team especially for Loeb. It doesn't make sense to me that PSA would enter the moneyhole that's F1 and not even drive with their own engines.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Pretty amazing they'd buy an F1 team especially for Loeb. It doesn't make sense to me that PSA would enter the moneyhole that's F1 and not even drive with their own engines.
    I'd say if Citroen canned their WRC programme, Peugeot LeMans project, and went for standard Cosworth F1 engines, and got a few sponsors, signed upto the Concorde agreement, and were scoring points (for which they can handsomely renumerated in F1), its would cost less than their WRC programme.

There maybe some cross over from Redbull, and they may well be interest in Torro Rosso.
    But you can call me Buzz

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    I'd say if Citroen canned their WRC programme, Peugeot LeMans project, and went for standard Cosworth F1 engines, and got a few sponsors, signed upto the Concorde agreement, and were scoring points (for which they can handsomely renumerated in F1), its would cost less than their WRC programme.

There maybe some cross over from Redbull, and they may well be interest in Torro Rosso.
    I can't really believe it - however your points are plausible - Citroen have spoken about their annoyance at the lack of WRC media coverage, and have looked at the DTM. Though I can't see Peugeot canning the LeMans/Sportscar Hybrid Diesel car.
    It's certainly interesting 'news'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sordo and Loeb and contracted to 2009, so is Redbull, and so are they to the Championship, so its converging for a change of plan.
    But you can call me Buzz