Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Henri Toivonen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLH56Jx6qI

Can someone tell if this is Toivonen's onboard driving at Corsica? Too bad they disabled the audio for the video.
    It not real. Film is speed up. Some person who is sick with their head did such a disgusting thing.

If you look, you see driver driving in his side of the road. No driving on race line.
    Also you see footage of the rally car, video quality is far different.
    This is just some sick person.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanvg
    It not real. Film is speed up. Some person who is sick with their head did such a disgusting thing.
    I think its more a case of someone obviously trying to give a depiction of the onboard and then someone else looking at it as if it was the real thing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanvg

If you look, you see driver driving in his side of the road. No driving on race line.
    Also you see footage of the rally car, video quality is far different.
    This is just some sick person.
    It's an old vid, nothing new, but why is this a sick person? I think it's very interesting to see the last roads/route that Henri drove before that faithfull corner.
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Henri Toivonen

I have not looked at the video you put on from you tube.But it is definatly a fake.If it is the one I saw it looks like some of the same stage,but some of the stage I did not recognize.When Henri lost his life on the down hill tightening left hand corner there was NO crash barrier or wall there,the film I saw showed a wall at the place of the accident. Anyone who has paid a pilgramage to the accident site will tell you that there is now a wall where the accident occured on the right hand side.Directly opposite it the memorial erected by his fans in memory of Henri and Sergio it is also said that a bottle of MARTINI is encloed in the wall.Martini was the main sponser of the Lancia Delta S4 at that time.At a later date I will enclose a photo of the memorial,and the corner.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Henri P Toivonen

You will notice that Henri had a middle name that never appears any where.When working with Henri he sighned me a photograph Henri P Toivonen ,as a personal friend.I said I did,nt know you had a middle name Henri,what is the P for,he said B***y ,you dont need to ask me that,so obviously his middle name was also Pauli
    I would be interested to know if anyone else has any autograph from Henri showing it with a "P"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Henri was two time karting champion in Finland and - to my knowledge - had very good shot to F1 but refused to go in it. His flamboyant driving was combined with precision of great track driver.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As you can see Henri signed himself as "HPT" here.

Fred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey cool, you are the real Fred Gallagher, aren't you? Always nice to see/hear/read from a person who was there in the good old days. You should post more, I bet you have a lot of great stories.
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenukknak
    Hey cool, you are the real Fred Gallagher, aren't you? Always nice to see/hear/read from a person who was there in the good old days. You should post more, I bet you have a lot of great stories.
    I definitely agree. Always nice to hear things first hand
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.