Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Honda

While the apparent news of Honda pulling the plug on its F1 team is off topic - I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to whether or not this this any effect on the Indy program.

Could it be good because Honda sees better value in the IRL product and will thus invest more in it since it is not sinking money into the F1 sinkhole??

Could it be bad because the F1 debacle is going to make Honda look at all motorsport involvement?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Honda Committed to IRL

I think your going to see MAJOR reductions in racing support by Chrysler, Ford and GM.

If I have to pay for a bailout (as a taxpayer), I have to say no way and no more to the NASCAR subsidy.

I'm glad that Hondas above water. I think this is the time for the IRL to thrive.

F1 and NASCAR are are in trouble. Then again, everythings in trouble.

Thank you Dick Fuld and you wall street thieves. Its your greed that has caused this great financial mess. Yea, oil to 160. They still hold that target.
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What is the likelihood that Toyota pulls out as well and joins the IRL is 2011?

This part is just wishful thinking, I know they withdrew from the IRL because the Honda's were so much better, but could they use their old engines to join in 2010? or did the IRL change the specs to much since then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We all know what will happen if Honda decides on further cutbacks. Lets hope or pray that it doesn't happen.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    While the apparent news of Honda pulling the plug on its F1 team is off topic - I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to whether or not this this any effect on the Indy program.

Could it be good because Honda sees better value in the IRL product and will thus invest more in it since it is not sinking money into the F1 sinkhole??

Could it be bad because the F1 debacle is going to make Honda look at all motorsport involvement?
    Hopefully the IRL programme will be safe and there's still more manufacturer interest.

The manufacturers have been far too greedy in F1, thinking they can replicate Ferrari. Ferrari knew what's best for them: sportcars and racing and a helping hand from Fiat.

Honda et al should've just supplied engines but they've now raised the bar in terms of cost and destroyed the rules of the game ie. the independent teams and constructors have been the true blood of motorsport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that Honda should not have any wishes to leave the IRL. In fact they are the only supplier there, which i think is very good for them as a publicity point of view. And anothe point is that the IRL engines are not very expensive, their production is already adopted. So IMO the benefits are good and the expenditures are low

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I am correct, Honda has a contract they can't break until 2013? And on top of that, this is American Honda R&D in contract with the IRL, I know that isn't their proper name, but they are a little bit distanced from the parent company.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman5700
    What is the likelihood that Toyota pulls out as well and joins the IRL is 2011?

This part is just wishful thinking, I know they withdrew from the IRL because the Honda's were so much better, but could they use their old engines to join in 2010? or did the IRL change the specs to much since then?
    Two chances: slim and none.

Indy is so low on the radar no one can remember it long enough to cut its funding.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw this at an F1 site. Looks like the IRL is safe for now.

http://f1update.com/full_story/view/...RL_motorbikes/

I wonder, if Honda had been even remotely competitive in F1, would they still have pulled out? When you spend the most money and are getting waxed by the teams like STR and to a lesser degree Force India, then it's a easier decision to come to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the bright side Honda might offer a parachute to its drivers like Jensen Button and get them a seat in the IRL.