Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza2541
    Irvine has self-identified as being Irish:

“ But at the end of the day, I’m Irish. I mean, I’ve got a British passport, but if you’re from Ireland, north or south, you’re Irish. And ‘British’ is. . . such a nondescript thing, isn’t it? ”
    —1995 interview.[14]

From Wikipedia on Eddie Irvine.
    nice to hear someone thinking above the petty conflict.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In all honesty, Meeke and Wilks are the only realistic possibility. Both are very quick. There is one-one else, even remotely, likely to challenge these two for speed in the next 5 years.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    In all honesty, Meeke and Wilks are the only realistic possibility. Both are very quick. There is one-one else, even remotely, likely to challenge these two for speed in the next 5 years.
    I really hope Wilks will get the Subaru seat so we can see how fast he is, my guess is around top 8, but the good thing is that he is trying seriously to get a seat, what can not be said about the other.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    I really hope Wilks will get the Subaru seat so we can see how fast he is, my guess is around top 8, but the good thing is that he is trying seriously to get a seat, what can not be said about the other.
    How can you be so right tomi.... every time. its really is quite astonishing.

But you can call me Buzz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza2541
    I live 15 miles from Kris Meekes family home, born and bred. I have Irish passport and Irish nationality.
    As for Mr Irvine, he run with Irish Tricolor with Shamrock in the centre.
    I think the confusion lays with the governing body. Some Irish drivers go with MSA and are required to drive with Union Jack on their car, some go with MSI and use Irish Tricolor.
    Sure isnt all Ireland part of the British Isles Bazza?

Hope Wilks can get a seat sorted for next year, but saddly he and Meeke are both getting old for a break now
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.

Hope Wilks can get a seat sorted for next year, but saddly he and Meeke are both getting old for a break now
    I really dont think age has much to do with it. Gronholm has only just turned 40, so its 12+ years older than Wilks/Meeke, so its really irrelavent.
    But you can call me Buzz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really dont think age has much to do with it.
    True, but it comes an issue when there is a few equal fast drivers and a few years younger.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really dont think age has much to do with it. Gronholm has only just turned 40, so its 12+ years older than Wilks/Meeke, so its really irrelavent.
    I dont think its that important, but when you hear that a 18 year old was favored over a 22 years old because of age at the Pirelli thing it make think these guys are pushing on a bit?

I think it will be interesting to see how long the likes of Mikkelsen will stick with top flight rallying, I dont think they will be still at it much past 30. Traditionally rally drivers have built up to the work load of a full championship, now we have some young lads who are rallying nearly every weekend from a young age, sure they will be good, and I'm sure they are enjoying it but the I am also sure that the long apprenticeship served by the likes of Gronholm/Makkinen only helped them to appreciate the break when it came and make full use of it. I dont expect the well managed and promoted youngsters to have their longevity.
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think its that important, but when you hear that a 18 year old was favored over a 22 years old because of age at the Pirelli thing it make think these guys are pushing on a bit?

I think it will be interesting to see how long the likes of Mikkelsen will stick with top flight rallying, I dont think they will be still at it much past 30. Traditionally rally drivers have built up to the work load of a full championship, now we have some young lads who are rallying nearly every weekend from a young age, sure they will be good, and I'm sure they are enjoying it but the I am also sure that the long apprenticeship served by the likes of Gronholm/Makkinen only helped them to appreciate the break when it came and make full use of it. I dont expect the well managed and promoted youngsters to have their longevity.
    I agree, before the drivers was more ready when they came to compete on the top level, the current recce rules gives also too big advantage for those who can affort to drive the stages from early age. I also dont think the youngsters will have very long carreers, they get everything too easy, and the sport today is so intensive and much more promo than in the past too, so there will be burnouts ahead in the future.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love wikipedia.
    The British Isles (Irish: variously Na hOileáin Bhriotanacha, Oileáin Iarthair Eorpa, Éire agus an Bhreatain Mhór;[2] Manx: Ellanyn Goaldagh; Scottish Gaelic: Eileanan Breatannach; Welsh: Ynysoedd Prydain) are a group of islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe which comprise Great Britain, Ireland and a number of smaller islands.[3] The term British Isles is controversial in relation to Ireland,[4] where many people [5] find the term objectionable; the Irish government also discourages its usage.[6] There is evidence that as a result of these problems, "Britain and Ireland" is becoming a preferred description.[7][8]

There are two sovereign states located on the islands: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Ireland.[9]
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.