Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    As much as I admire JPM, I wouldn't want him in F1 now. We've got Lewis who's the same as JPM but with less aggro.

I'd rather see him succeed in NASCAR.

In same mould as Clark and Andretti, JPM can drive anything.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodf1fun
    unfortunately he no longer wants to be in f1? who cares about him?
    he didn't prove anything the years he was in f1. only to complain about other drivers nothing else.. and hitting the camera men...
    ....not to mention making passes on Shumacher that nobody else even had the guts to try. Like him or not, the man has talent. He just often lacked the ability to reel it in some, and must have forgotten how fragile F1 cars can be.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    JPM gets stick for realising there is a life outside of F1 - and that there are other racing series out there.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Montoya grew on me through the years. Initially I thought he was a whining little git. That he never said anything particularly productive, albeit sometimes funny. But then I realized that F1 is not his type of sport. He can drive as well as any guy out on the track, but in F1, the driving is only one part of it. And Montoya lacked the temperament (for the want of a better word) needed to succeed in F1 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I love Monty for his dazzleing ability but he just couldn't handle the politics of the sport.

30 years ago then he was ideal but unfortunatly not now.
    Definitely

I'm glad he's enjoying himself now. I wouldn't like to see him back in F1 because its not for him, regardless of how fast he could be.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Thank goodness he doesnt wanna come back. Never liked Mr "You Broke My Head" anyway
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    An offer from let's say Ferrari for example might change the perspective a bit...

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    juan's loving life - thinks he would ever want to listen to Berger's sh!t - not in your lifetime.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    IMO he should return to open wheelers, but in the IRL, not in F1. But with the new merger of DEI and Ganassi, he might be competitive even in NASCAR, who knows?
    Formula 1

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well he should be better as the dodge sucks- but irl is taking a new direction and i don't thing any of the known guys need to go there. I am more excited and AGp1 or whatever then call it.. country against country with two car teams could be awesome
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know a lot of NASCAR fans that would like to see Juan Pablo go back to F1... IRL... or anywhere for that matter. lol He didn't get the fan following that I think he THOUGHT he might get in stock car racing, but I have to agree with the other poster - he's grown on me a bit too. He comes off as really whiny and annoying at first, but now that he's settling in and the personality is coming out - he's not THAT bad.