Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

DC's Car This Weekend... what's the story?

Because it's his last GP, has Red Bull decided to give him a deliberately ugly livery? What does this represent if anything?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's a charity initiative, but I'm not 100% what it's for. The car doesn't look awful, but likewise not particularly distinctive either.

They should have painted the sidepods with Scottish crosses or something.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo

Because it's his last GP, has Red Bull decided to give him a deliberately ugly livery? What does this represent if anything?
    "Wings for Life" charity for Spinal Cord injury research.

A poor livery but a very classy gesture.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo

I think it's a cool livery. Also, thats a nice shot of Interlagos and Sao Paulo. If the car was different it could've been a shot from the 1970's.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The livery is fine for me, but I'm struggling to associate the message on the car with DC's last race.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    The livery is fine for me, but I'm struggling to associate the message on the car with DC's last race.
    There's no real association I don't think.

It's a good idea and through sentimental value of DC's last race and the livery's cause, it was allowed to race as a different livery to the other team car, which is otherwise illegal.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    This is the act of a class guy .
    David , I'm sure , knew they would run a "thanks , David " on the car , and instead , insisted on a better use of the space .

I'm not so sure that the message in the livery would be as clear if we didn't have the announcers explaining the idea , but , good on David for this .

He might have always been a nearly man , but a gentlemanly one when it counts .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    This is the act of a class guy .
    David , I'm sure , knew they would run a "thanks , David " on the car , and instead , insisted on a better use of the space .

I'm not so sure that the message in the livery would be as clear if we didn't have the announcers explaining the idea , but , good on David for this .

He might have always been a nearly man , but a gentlemanly one when it counts .
    Nice comment!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Having a son with a spinal cord injury I know first hand that there is treatment, and solutions to what have been thought to be "hopeless cases" There is no doubt that in the future most spinal cord injuries will be treatable.
    The problem we have now is the medical Institutions are more interested in "ocupational therapy" (teaching victims how to operate their wheelchairs, while feeding them med's that actually make recovery nearly impossible.) I plan on personally thanking him in the form of a letter to his website!
    May the forza be with you