Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

How Far Has Renault Really Come?

"Fernando's results over the past five races have been outstanding, including another strong drive in China. He seems to be enjoying the R28...
    Yes, if the season had started in Belgium we would be leading both championships! It's not just Fernando who is enjoying driving the R28 because Nelson is as well. I've often talked in the past about how important it is to give a novice driver a car he can trust and feel confident in, but if you give that sort of car to a driver as good as Fernando, then he can really push it to the limits. I think that's what we're seeing now because we've got a car that is inherently very stable; it's very honest and predictable and both drivers are exploiting it very well."

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/contr...&news_id=33618

It seems amazing to me!
    Has Renault really (and legitimately) improved it's car that much?
    I like to give a lot of credit to Fred, but my motivation is not all together unbias. The same can be said for his detractors motivations.

What are your opinions on the reasons for Renault's improvement?
    Is it just a matter of getting it so wrong on the off-season that improvement is overblown?
    I am really puzzled!
    It is nothing short of amazing to me!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    They have found something, obviously. Probably it is on the verge of being illegal, but I think that it is an innovative technology, rather than cheating. I'd like to say that this is not unprecedented. In 2003 "Williams-BMW" were extremely slow at the start of the season, but at the Monaco GP they suddenly become very competitive.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Renault moan about engine development
    Max says they will be allowed to catch up at end of the year
    Renault suddenly become very competitive.

Hmmmm, do you think the FIA gave them a little "Artistic" licence

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Nah, Alonso must be responsible for at least 0.6 seconds of their development.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The car has undoubtably improved a lot.

I guess you could argue that the other teams have concentrated on next year, therefore it has been made slightly easier to catch up. However we all know McLaren are still pushing ahead, and they have closed to them. And you'd have to assume that Toyota and other midfield teams have also been pushing for the 4th constructors place. Which would suggest that their improvement is a "real" improvement.

Whats interesting is that if the engine is down on power as much as they reckon, that chasis would have to be one of the best ones on the grid. And if they can continue to work like this, you'd have to say they're looking good with regards to next year, if we take into account the permitted changes to engines.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    It seems amazing to me!
    Has Renault really (and legitimately) improved it's car that much?
    I like to give a lot of credit to Fred, but my motivation is not all together unbias. The same can be said for his detractors motivations.

What are your opinions on the reasons for Renault's improvement?
    Is it just a matter of getting it so wrong on the off-season that improvement is overblown?
    I am really puzzled!
    It is nothing short of amazing to me!
    Great job by the Renault boys all round not just Alonso's efforts who seems to be getting the credit, in your eyes, which is completely wrong. He's been an inspiration to the whole team, to push forward.

Renault have continually made updates without apparently making compromises to the 2009 programme. They may have complained about being down on power but they've clawed some of it back.

It seems to be the case of forgive and forget and Renault are working hard to keep him at Renault.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they're significantly down on power, then I'll do a jig

However, if you listen to Renault, it's all down to a new nose

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    Whats interesting is that if the engine is down on power as much as they reckon, that chasis would have to be one of the best ones on the grid.
    I'd say it's now even better than BMW - looks like it really needs to hit the sweet spot with set up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, I'm wary of the fact they say they're down on power. In a straight race down the back straight with Alonso and one of the Ferraris (or maybe McLaren I forgotten), it matched it, which makes you wonder.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    Yes, I'm wary of the fact they say they're down on power. In a straight race down the back straight with Alonso and one of the Ferraris (or maybe McLaren I forgotten), it matched it, which makes you wonder.
    No Pole, it's all down to the new nose.

Now, click your heels 3 times and off we go