Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Bravo Ferrari - Taking a good stance

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/27102008/...t-formula.html

Ferrari threaten to quit F1 if standardized engines come into play in 2010

I appreciate their stance and their comments are spot on.

But the Italian firm said it had "major reservations" over any proposals that would lead to teams using the same engines: "it would deprive Formula One of its whole reason for existing, which is based on competition and technological development."

This move by Ferrari is to be applauded. If Max and the FIA continue to go down this stupid path, that breakaway series will come into fruition with Ferrari joining the other manufactures. They realize as well that competing against the likes of McLaren, BMW, Toyota, Honda, Renault, etc in an advanced series with individual engines and spurred by reasonable development is more important to them than competing in a hollow series.

I think that Max Mosley and his FIA cronies might have overplayed their hand with this standardized engine nonsense. The backlash is only beginning and will continue more so over the winter break.

MM and bernie need to leave F1 for the good of the sport.

Once again, hats off to Ferrari for taking a bold stance in trying to ensure that F1 remains the pinnacle of auto racing.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Im not a fan of Ferrari at all, but im glad someone has taken this stance. I just hope the others follow soon and they come up with some better ideas for cost reduction.

oh and another thing from thant article.

whenever Bernie talks about cost saving moves and the need to save millions, I laugh. It is the height of Hypocrisy to espouse cost savings while at the same time holding cities and venues hostage until they pay him the kings ransom for the GP, along with the other exorbitant fees latched on left and right for everything for world feeds, paddock clubs, sponsorship, and related fees. as well as the stupid FIA's superlicense license hikes.

Bernies should just keep his mouth shut when it comes to fiscal conservatism in F1. For he's solely responsible for the astronomical costs of everything in F1 except for team expenditures.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Im not a fan of Ferrari at all, but im glad someone has taken this stance. I just hope the others follow soon and they come up with some better ideas for cost reduction.
    Neither am I, but one has to commend them on their stance.
    You know that the FIA. Bernie and MM have jumped the shark when Ferrari denounce their moves and threaten to leave the sport.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well done to Ferrari. I mean isn't the point of the engine freeze to cut costs. The racing hasn't been devalued by it.

Bernie should shut up regarding money unless he spends some of it on improving existing tracks and not going to all these new ones.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    According to TSN Canada Toyota are following Ferrari's lead.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Good on 'em.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Bernies should just keep his mouth shut when it comes to fiscal conservatism in F1. For he's solely responsible for the astronomical costs of everything in F1 except for team expenditures.
    That's what I've been saying for years! He needs to go or the others players will leave him alone.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85

I'm in a similar boat, standard engines, NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not at any cost!! Who would make them? Too many questions!!!

Bernie should stay out of the decision making, rule making process. His job is to promote the sport, not run it. The FIA/Manufacturers should decide what happens, then Bernie can get involved. Well, that's how I think it should work.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well done Ferrari, and Toyota for that matter, for standing up to Max and Bernie on this.

If you standardise the engine and gearbox, hey you might as well standardise the suspension, the chassis, and so on, till everyone is in the same car, and to me F1 has always been about not just who is the best driver, but who can build the best car. You need both aspects.

I just hope Ferrari and Toyota have the balls to stick to their guns, and not be drawn back in "because its F1". Max and Bernie treat F1 as nothing more than a brand these days, thinking that just because something is called "F1" it will continue to be the most followed motor sport on the planet however they butcher it.

Well you can call a big steaming piece of dog crap any name you want but it's still a piece of crap at the end of the day. Which is what F1 will become if Max and Bernie get their way.

If this whole thing causes the standard engine to be quietly dropped, I think I'll have two new favourite teams to cheer on. If not, then I'll be "quitting" F1 along with them.