Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i like the mascars, but i have to say i wouldnt trade in the legend for anything..theyre just so much fun to drive. its hard to find lap times for the mascars, i tried lookin on mylaps but it didnt come up with anything. i know legends are bloody quick from experience! essentially theyre the same car underneath, same engines, roughly the same dimensions, the legend is about 200kg lighter than the mascar. yes mascars may be cheeper second hand, i think the prices of new mascars and legends are pretty comparible, however legends hold theyre value extremely well because you cant import them from the states, i know several racers who have bought and sold theyre cars for the same price, effectively getting free racing, apart from repairs etc. on the other hand you will do less damage ina mascar because of the slosed wheels. its a shame they dont race more in the midlands like birmingham or hednesford cos it would be interesting to see the comparison, and maybe i would look at getting one as im from staffordshire but it would be fun to get the best from legends and the best from mascar and have a match race. one thing i agree with though is the tyres in legends are aweful!....dont offer a lot of grip however that adds more fun and skill to the driving, being able to balance the car on the throttle takes real skill and is great when you get it right! ive heard loads of people on the ovals saying if you do well ina legend then you can drive anything well, thats not just from legends drivers but also from f1 and national hot rod guys. i hope the mascars do well but they have a long way to go if they do as well as the legends in terms of racing/ entertainment and grid numbers.
    Well done Dale JR....a fitting tribute to your father

dale earnhardt 1951-2001

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK its probably a stupid simple question thats been discussed before at length but why arent the ascars wanted back at the rock? I thought the attendances for the pick ups there this year were an all time low so wouldnt th,the fans rock and both series benefit by running there together again (i'm probably being a bit stupid and naive here it sounds to easy and obvious)
    Be great to see the ascars running on any oval again though next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh also have a nice christmas everyone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm no longer in the loop of confirmed information, but most of the time it has all been about money..... track time needs to be paid for and that means you need good numbers of entries.

The last couple of years of the series at The Rock drivers promised to enter and never turned up for one reason or another..... this led to either a short fall in money or more cost for those that did turn up!!!

Guess one way or another that damaged the relationship between the Rock and ASCAR!!
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    OK its probably a stupid simple question thats been discussed before at length but why arent the ascars wanted back at the rock? I thought the attendances for the pick ups there this year were an all time low so wouldnt th,the fans rock and both series benefit by running there together again (i'm probably being a bit stupid and naive here it sounds to easy and obvious)
    Be great to see the ascars running on any oval again though next year.

Ask Duane to post his thoughts on this very subject. Suffice to say there was an agreement (albeit verbal) for the V8's to return next year with costs covered for all the V8's that wanted to run. Then politics, excuses and vested interests intervened!!!!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i hope that for ascars sake all the BS and politics from the past couple of years stops now, cos i love the cars and i know they can do wel on the short ovals...personally i cant wait to see them myself and lets get back to some proper racing!..i just hope that everyone who owns an ascar gives it a shot rather than just thinking sod it..dont like short ovals, im not racing...ive been driving on them myself this year and its aunbelievable, and best still THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE...yup free racing....compare that to about 350 quid a pop on the circuits and the economics speek for themselves...

dale earnhardt 1951-2001

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mascar's at Incarace / Spedeworth

Hi

Just a quick update, the Mascar's are confirmed 2009 at Hednesford, Birmingham, Northampton, Aldershot, Yarmouth, Essex Arena, Warneton (Belgium), Angmering with other venues currently under negotiation.

The reason for lack of lap times as up till now we have not been running at tracks that have timing facilities. This is now about to change with the inclusion of the above venues.

We also run locked diffs but have the advantage of running the winters quick change rear axle that allows us to quickly and easily alter our gearing for any venue. The nice advantage of this is that we race at both ovals and circuits with the same car, same series with minimal changes required, just makes for a flexble approach to racing.

On another note It would be fantastic to see the Ascars back out racing maybe even alongside there miniature counter parts one day.

Have a good xmas all and all the best for the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by ASCAR24/7/365.5
    i like the mascars, but i have to say i wouldnt trade in the legend for anything..theyre just so much fun to drive. its hard to find lap times for the mascars, i tried lookin on mylaps but it didnt come up with anything. i know legends are bloody quick from experience! essentially theyre the same car underneath, same engines, roughly the same dimensions, the legend is about 200kg lighter than the mascar. yes mascars may be cheeper second hand, i think the prices of new mascars and legends are pretty comparible, however legends hold theyre value extremely well because you cant import them from the states, i know several racers who have bought and sold theyre cars for the same price, effectively getting free racing, apart from repairs etc. on the other hand you will do less damage ina mascar because of the slosed wheels. its a shame they dont race more in the midlands like birmingham or hednesford cos it would be interesting to see the comparison, and maybe i would look at getting one as im from staffordshire but it would be fun to get the best from legends and the best from mascar and have a match race. one thing i agree with though is the tyres in legends are aweful!....dont offer a lot of grip however that adds more fun and skill to the driving, being able to balance the car on the throttle takes real skill and is great when you get it right! ive heard loads of people on the ovals saying if you do well ina legend then you can drive anything well, thats not just from legends drivers but also from f1 and national hot rod guys. i hope the mascars do well but they have a long way to go if they do as well as the legends in terms of racing/ entertainment and grid numbers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is there only ONE date for ascars at ipswich ??? or is there going to be more ????

Cant find any other info and my crystal ball aint working ANY THING TO LOOK FORWARD TO FOR ASCARS IN 2009 ???
    TKM kart racer:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all dates should be announced at the autosport show, well the dates for our legends races are being finalised at the moment...i would think ascars dates are being sorted too....sit tight, shouldnt be too long till dates are released now

dale earnhardt 1951-2001