Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just wonder, will Intersport and Autocon not return this year ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aston martin will be compete with two factory cars P1 in LMS 2009:

http://astonmartin.com/thecompany/ne...7-e9312652746e

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73125

Marcel Fassler in at Corvette factory team. Not a huge surprise there but I feel a bit bad for FIA GT series because they've lost a top driver.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Entrylist for next month's Sebring

http://www.imsaracing.net/2009/event...%20Entries.pdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like Intersport sold one of its Lola B06/10AER's to Autocon so they can continue to look sexy behind the faster GT2 cars .
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2009 ALMS Speculation
    If they do not open the rules, ditch the ACO and worry about U.S. cars. teams and fans, by 2011 PHhht.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Rumour I heard...and this was on the NASCAR channel and they were talking about the economy and racing was that Jaguar was making noises about coming back to ALMS. Not sure on what class...but Paul Gentilozzi was doing some PR work at the Detroit Auto Show and apprently he is kind of behind it. Not sure how well that would come out.....my opinion of Gentilozzi is pretty well known.......not good...
    That's the closest thing to good news I've read lately. Jaguar belongs at Le Mans, or at the very least, in sports car racing.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    now that sebring is over what can be a realistic outlook to the rest of the year as far as # of entries for the rest of the races. We had 31 entries at midohio last year and only 26 at sebring this year. I know all the reasons that doesn't change the fact that it is bad. I am crossing my fingers 7 prototypes will show up at midohio which would be the same as were at most races in 05. I can live with that. If there is a lower amount then that though I don't know if it is worth even running the races no matter how many gt2 cars show up. We have the speed gt challenge if all we want to watch is that.

david

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ouch. Robin Miller said on the Speed Report that the rumor is Honda is going to halt the Acura P1 program.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danske
    Ouch. Robin Miller said on the Speed Report that the rumor is Honda is going to halt the Acura P1 program.
    I'm recording it a bit time-delayed, right now Kevin Buckner is talking about the impressive level of funding that gets wasted on 60+ y/o car technology and the greatest drivers in the world. Does Robin come on after the Grand Am/NASCAR pandering here on the night after 12 hours of intense, grueling, at time bumper to bumper racing at Sebring? Do any of the race winners show up? Should I go wash the dog?