Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You'll note the 1st race is at Roebling Road, very definately a club track, and possibly a harbinger of their plans; AIS anyone?. They haven't mentioned engines (unless I over looked it skimming through the blurb), it won't be Cosworths on their budget. So what will it be? Stock block chevys? That'll be interesting adapting them to the DP01s. This is a bush league rich guy effort. I'm predicting 14 cars max on the grid for the first one. No doubt whatsoever they'll have fun doing it, but it ain't professional racing.

Your information is wrong. There is no Atlantic or GP race scheduled or planned for Roebling Road, which is definatley a club track. But never mind. Pay this series no attention...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It'll be fun to check out for sure. I don't know why some folks here seem to get their back up over this type of thing. Whatever. Plenty of room in North America for motorsport, just not enough sponsors. Sink or swim.

I don't care if it's Formula Vee or Formula One as long as the racing's good. It'd be nice to see that Panoz again. Maybe they can get a nice lease price from Cosworth on all those dusty engines as well. What else are they doing over there anyways?
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Island Track has been refurbished and will be used by the Atlantics and the Greenprix next Spring.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    They haven't mentioned engines (unless I over looked it skimming through the blurb), it won't be Cosworths on their budget. So what will it be? Stock block chevys? That'll be interesting adapting them to the DP01s.
    Why wouldn't they be Cosworths? The Cossie is the engine of choice for vintage racing modern F1 cars, on account of it's a reasonable size and it doesn't take an army of engineers to keep the thing running. It might be an XD instead of an XFE, but since the XFE got detuned, and they are going to detune it even further, it might be cost competitive with an XD.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Ah, yes. Just what we need. Another open wheel series competing for sponsors, fans and venues. Didn't we do this once before?

Gary
    Agree, we need a new open wheel series as much we needed one in 1996.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Agree, we need a new open wheel series as much we needed one in 1996.
    Couldn't agree more.

We are fine with our, so called, premier formula racing series using a chassis deign that is nearing 10 years of age and boat anchors for motors.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Couldn't agree more.

We are fine with our, so called, premier formula racing series using a chassis deign that is nearing 10 years of age and boat anchors for motors.
    Both of which are in the process of being replaced.

So I take it you think this new "series" is a good idea?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My boyfriend (Half Asian, half Irish so he's Irasian or Asianish) and I are talking about going to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. They get like 400,000 people that weekend so its a great time to host a race. If I get a chance to make it over to the Island for the race I'll post some pictures to see what kind of event they put on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe this is where we will see Marty Roth race next year.

I think it will be great to see the Champ Cars racing again, even if it is in a Jr. racing format.

The IRL refuses to race at a number of great road courses, perhaps GP will be able to help fill the void. I think the people of Cleveland, Houston and Portland would love their races back.

Go Green Prix!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where has the IRL "refused to race", Benny?