Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who deserves to be crowned champion?

Forgett for a moment the drivers standings. Who do you guys think has deserved the championship the most this season?
    The main contenders would surely be, Massa, Hamilton, Alonso, Kubica, Vettell.

Your thoughts.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The one who gets most points at the end of the season.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    ^^

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    No driver deserves anything. You and your team have to win it - earn it - not deserve it.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I don`t know.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I second the statement - the one who finishes at the top of the table.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    On balance I'd say Kubica. He's really impressed me this year, and has done a superb job with what is not the best car on the grid. Being a contender at this point of the season is very impressive IMHO.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a tough question.

Its like Kubica has been mighty consistant, hence he still up there. But at same time, Kubica is the definition of what people don't want to win championships.

Majority of people moan and moan how race wins arent encouraged enough. And that consistancy wins championships and thats boring.

So in many respects, you'd have to say Hamilton's attitude to winning at all costs, is the most exciting, and appealing way of winning in terms of majority opinion.

Most deserving for me would be Alonso. Top scorer in the last 6 races, by some margin too. He 3 points off the other McLaren. In a car which has for majority of the season been 5-6th fastest car on the grid. During that time, he was continously getting it in the top 10, and in the points, punching above its weight.

Now the car is 4th best car, maybe 3rd at some venues, and again, he punching above his weight, winning races now!

I honestly think we need this man up front, he is a true talent, and its slightly wasted down in 7th in drivers championship.

So for me, Alonso.

But as pointed out, its a team effort, if I take this into account, I'd have to say both Hamilton and Massa deserve it. Whilst I want Massa to win it, I can't help but feel Hamilton is fighting against Ferrari and race Stewards for his championship. So in many ways, Hamilton may deserve it more.

But you could argue Massa has lost out on several ocassions due to team failures, which equalise what Hamilton has lost out due to unfair penalties, but then as stated, its a team sport, if Ferrari mess up, its all part of being a team.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Alonso because of his spirit and because he is a true master of the game and never gives up.
    From the contenders, I say Massa because he improved a lot this year, than Kubi, because he is extremely consistent. Hamilton drove excellent races, but to me he is very dangerous driver and makes too many mistakes which cost other people's races.
    Formula 1

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I think I could be a worthy champion.