Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh...Lewis!?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ugh...Lewis!?

Okay, I can understand that Massa caused the spin, but the entire situation could have been avoided. I mean the aggressive first corner move was unwarranted, and he could have probably regained the lead later or on the next lap. Did that entire pre-race meeting Ron was talking about go entirely out of his ear? All he has to do is finish behind Massa. But either way, the only positive I can see coming from this is that he HAS to learn a lesson from this. Please, just bring the car home in China and Brazil...

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Well, the only thing he needed to do was to not do anything stupid, and, well, he did.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Lewis is too aggressive. Got what he deserved.
    Formula 1

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areez2006
    ...But either way, the only positive I can see coming from this is that he HAS to learn a lesson from this. Please, just bring the car home in China and Brazil...
    I agree It's not a time for 'win or bust' because as we saw today it was bust! I admire Hamilton's desire to win races but with the championship at stake he needs to learn when it's time to take the points on offer.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Perhaps it's good in a way that Hamilton had this experience today - he didn't lose out too much, and it might just put him in the right frame of mind for the final races

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I agree It's not a time for 'win or bust' because as we saw today it was bust! I admire Hamilton's desire to win races but with the championship at stake he needs to learn when it's time to take the points on offer.
    I fail to understand Hamilton. He was so calm and smart in Singapore and today was idiotic. He IS very young and will mature with time, BUT McLaren obviously prefered him to Fred as their top-driver AND he has to deliver. You know, I CAN see Kubica winning this championship...
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Perhaps it's good in a way that Hamilton had this experience today - he didn't lose out too much, and it might just put him in the right frame of mind for the final races
    Yes, maybe. He has to.
    Formula 1

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    He IS very young and will mature with time...
    I think this is often forgotten, or ignored. Aside from how/why he found himself at McLaren he very quickly became a race winner then WDC challenger. At no time has he been out of the spotlight. He still has a lot to learn, but he is learning right at the very front of the grid where his every move is scrutinised and judged. Ok, so he's in a top team so should expect that, but that doesn't alter the fact he's only in his second season.

Sometimes, given some of the comments you see, you'd think that he's a seasoned veteran with numerous WDC wins behind him.

That doesn't excuse the kind of error he made today, but it does perhaps go some way to explaining it.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I couldn't stop cheering Massa when he made Hamilton spin. He got what he deserved.

My question is: would have Hamilton had to make the drive-through penalty without the incident in the chicane? Remember he previously pulled Kimi off the track on turn one.

Well done, Felipe!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    He still has a lot to learn, but he is learning right at the very front of the grid where his every move is scrutinised and judged. Ok, so he's in a top team so should expect that, but that doesn't alter the fact he's only in his second season.

Sometimes, given some of the comments you see, you'd think that he's a seasoned veteran with numerous WDC wins behind him.

That doesn't excuse the kind of error he made today, but it does perhaps go some way to explaining it.
    It's refreshing to see someone being less harsh on Hamilton without blindly supporting everything he does, yes he makes mistakes but he is only young.

To put it in perspective, let's not forget that Massa has been in F1 continually since 2004, has been personally "tutored" (of sorts) by Schumacher and still has some pretty questionable races.