Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Engine Unfreeze?

so
    I was reading this interview on Christian Horner on the F1 website and in the intro paragraph they mentioned Renaults engine "unfreeze" for 2009.Does that mean they have permission from the FIA to make improvements to their engine?

In another piece about driver lineups, they talk about Honda being ablet to take advantage of several regulation changes that will significantly benefit Honda, does that mean they get to rework their engine as well? ( in their case, that would only be fair)

I hope this engine freeze thing is over because all it does right now is create a status Quo in F1. On any given weekend , we know who the slowest cars are going to be, who will run midpack and who will contest for the win. The engine freeze rule pretty much hampers any midpack or slower car to improve their competitiveness as the year wears on.

Folks will look at the Renault this year and point out that it made strides towards the end of the year. To me it had more to do with BMW's declining competitiveness as the year wore on, as well as their inabilty to figure out the correct gear ratios and setups in the latter half of the year, add to that Alonso driving the heck out of the car.

So let's hope we will see significant improvements from Toyota, Honda and Renault, as well as improved performance from BMW in 2009.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I think, in Honda's case, it may mean that they have unfrozen bunsen and he has come out of his comatose condition. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I think, in Honda's case, it may mean that they have unfrozen bunsen and he has come out of his comatose condition. :
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro