Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    And WHAT does that have to do with PT suing Forsythe? Lets stay on topic here shall we.
    Selective outrage. What does this have to do with the topic?

"You all talk how one side was so much better than the other. Does an announced sellout at a race this year that was maybe 50% full stick in your memory? It does mine. After my 1st year following the IRL, the thing that strikes me most is how much more a like the 2 were than than they were different. And Tony's dung doesn't taste any better to me than the Amigo's dung."

Again. Forsythe was an owner of CCWS & he is being sued for stiffing one of his drivers. IMO it's indicative of the way CCWS did business. Some agree, some disagree.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Forsythe was an owner of CCWS & he is being sued for stiffing one of his drivers. IMO it's indicative of the way CCWS did business. Some agree, some disagree.
    And some say you are wrong. The ONLY thing is indicative of is the way Forsythe did business. Any stretch to apply it to how CCWS did business is just that, a stretch.

Is there any direct correlation to how the shareholders of any company run their personal business with how the corporation does its business. No, of course not.

Until you took a cheap shot at CCWS in general with the quote below, this thread was about PT and Forsythe. But once again, you were unable to resist the temptation to make this another "use versus them" the "IRL was better than CCWS" argument. The war is over, the IRL prevailed. When will YOU get over it?

If this is all as it appears shame on Gerry. PT stood by CCWS when they really needed him. It shows what kind of people some of the management was over there.
    You could very easily have dropped the second sentence, but chose not to.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kentucky's supposed "sellout" was either a desperate promotional tactic, or a result of large corporate bookings that didn't pan out attendance-wise. And as mentioned earlier, the Kentucky "sellout" was put in press by the promoters, not the IRL. And all that said, attendance was up over 07.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Kentucky's supposed "sellout" was either a desperate promotional tactic, or a result of large corporate bookings that didn't pan out attendance-wise. And as mentioned earlier, the Kentucky "sellout" was put in press by the promoters, not the IRL. And all that said, attendance was up over 07.

Word on the street here locally (Cincinnati) was it was indeed a result of corporate bookings that were "no shows". I have it second hand from a VP at the track, that they really did sell out damn near all the tickets. But had a bunch handed back when the corporate buyers realized they didn't have as many takers. Hence the last minute, "some tickets are available" announcements after the previously announced sell out. The track benefited there because they got to sell some of those tickets twice. The first time at a much reduced price because of the "block purchase", the second time at face value.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am no lawyer (I just played one on TV...) but it appears that the crux of Forsythe's defense is that because CCWS went bankrupt, that makes any contract to drive in CCWS null and void. What that arguement ignores is that Forsythe was a PRINCIPAL owner of CCWS and therefore controlled the process of bankrupcy.

I think a court would find that it was Tracy that made a good faith agreement, relied upon the contract, upheld his end of the contract, and had no control of any 'technical outs' like bankrupcy, therefore holding Forsythe to the letter of the contract and maybe slapping him with punitive damages for bad faith contract breech.

JMHO

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Off topic; take it to a "Phoney Attendance Figures" thread, there should be no shortage of examples in that one...