Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Classy driver and good-hearted. Will be a deserving champion, if he manages to win it, after all.
    Formula 1

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    He's got the puncture after the drive through penalty and before his 2nd scheduled pit stop.
    How could they pit him during the SC if he didn't had a puncture at that moment?
    I'm confused.

Was Massa's off a result of a puncture or unforced error?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    IMO this is not really important, the topic is about his attitude
    Formula 1

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Massa has become a good, fast driver, as some of us knew he would become. He has always been good natured and polite, a nice bloke from what I have seen of him over the years. Hope he can catch Hamilton and win the WDC
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    This is why I like Kimi and Felipe as Ferrari drivers. Neither are alonso or Kubica style "the team is against me" crybabies, but rather keep the critic to themselves and have a really good attitude. That, besides the fact that both are really fast drivers, is why I am glad they will be at Ferrari till 2010. I would find it impossible to like Ferrari if someone like Alonso or Hamilton was there.

So he had some problems this year (Melbourne, Sepang and Silverstone) although the team never managed to find out why the car wasn't behaving as it should in any of those cases.
    The problem was in the driver in those cases. Felipe has mostly either been amazing or awful this year. There are some races where Schumacher would find it hard to fight against him (Bahrain, Valencia - infact, Valencia was probably the best performance of his career to date) and there are some races where he has just been nowhere as good as he really can be. Which has been his weakness before. Thankfully the latter have remained a few.

Still after all his troubles he is 20 points in front of his WDC team mate, yet he is getting bashed for a race destroyed by none of his doing.
    Yeah and Kimi hasn`t had troubles at all this year.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    This is why I like Kimi and Felipe as Ferrari drivers. Neither are alonso or Kubica style "the team is against me" crybabies, but rather keep the critic to themselves and have a really good attitude. That, besides the fact that both are really fast drivers, is why I am glad they will be at Ferrari till 2010. I would find it impossible to like Ferrari if someone like Alonso or Hamilton was there.

The problem was in the driver in those cases. Felipe has mostly either been amazing or awful this year. There are some races where Schumacher would find it hard to fight against him (Bahrain, Valencia - infact, Valencia was probably the best performance of his career to date) and there are some races where he has just been nowhere as good as he really can be. Which has been his weakness before. Thankfully the latter have remained a few.

Yeah and Kimi hasn`t had troubles at all this year.
    They both had about the same share of troubles, the 20 points difference is still there though.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    They both had about the same share of troubles, the 20 points difference is still there though.
    You highlighted only Massas troubles, omitting any mention of Kimis trouble. As if he had had a perfect year. So I took it upon myself to clear that up.

The problem is that you are far too sensitive about Massa
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    The problem is that you are far too sensitive about Massa
    Sure I am, the guy worked hard during his whole career to get where he is.
    He wasn't thrown in the best car on the grid straight away like Hamy.
    Nor was he in a race winning car in his 2nd season like Kimi.

He worked his way up, and when he gets to the point when he can make it to the very top he's screwed by the team. And guess what the usual suspects are blaming him for not getting a top result after loosing 1 minute in the pits, getting a drive through penalty, a puncture and subsequently having to drive almost half of the race on the super soft tires (that were up to the task for a handful of laps only).
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Massa doesn't immediately jump out as one of those drivers who is supremely talented like Hamilton, Alonso or Raikkonen. This means that he's had to do that most horrible of things... work.

He's shown that his head has been sufficiently screwed on hard enough in the pressure cooker of F1, that he still realises that the people around him deliver the car so he'd better deliver the driving:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43751
    Massa set the week’s initial benchmark time of 1m23.428s after a trouble-free 101 lap outing, in which he concentrated on set-up work in the morning before switching to longer runs later in the session.

And it's not a small amount of effort he's putting in either. Massa is turning results through pluck, character and effort rather than raw talent.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Sure I am, the guy worked hard during his whole career to get where he is.
    He wasn't thrown in the best car on the grid straight away like Hamy.
    Just a little niggle, but by "Hamy" I take it you mean Lewis Hamilton? It's just that your references to "Hamy" and Lewy" get a little tiresome when you're happy to use other drivers correct names.

As for Massa, yes he's worked hard but he's not unique in that respect. He's a strong driver and a proven race winner, and most of his performances this year have impressed me.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993