Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Danica fans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elis
    Not strictly true. Adam Khan raced for Pakinstan yet is a born & bred British resident & had never been to Pakistan. Graham Rahal raced for Lebanon, & this season will see Canadian Daniel Morad compete for Lebanon, dispite him being on the Canadian team with Hinch last season. (Though he did not race)

It's tenuous, but a family heritage link can also get you a ride representing a country that you are not from.

Incidentally since Rahal has driven for Lebanon he is now inelligable to switch teams (um so to speak), & race for the USA.
    its the same in most sports....

quickly off the top of my head I can think of Lesley Vainikolo a Tongan born and bred playing rugby union for England last year. Vinnie Jones a true Englishman playing football for Wales due to some tenuous link his grand parents had with the country.

as in other sports once a driver has represented that country in that sport he cannot play for another nation in that said sport.

as long as the driver has some kind of link to the nation he can drive for said nation.

also note in the series first season when Pakistan had no drivers (due to injury) Enrico Toccacelo stepped into drive for them, but as he had no link to the country (and had previous represented Italy in the series) Pakistan were ineligable to score points.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow some serious stuff must be going on with Danica's people because all of her journals have been rmoved from her site as well as the little update thing on her main page. they wanted to quickly get rid of her hint to something happening. very strange

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been reading rumors about Andretti and patrick running A1GP for a couple of months....

isn't the first race this weekend?

and no official announcement?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    I was down at Andretti Green Racing Headquarters on Friday. Danica Patrick and Marco Andretti will be driving in the A1GP race in the Netherlands coming up. They had to go since they are American drivers and the drivers for Team USA have to be American.
    why no announcement?

unless I'm missing something there is zip nada nothing....checked the websites for Danica...A1GP .... and Andrettu Green

isn't the race only a couple days away?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    isn't the race only a couple days away?
    yes,

last test day of the season is Wednesday (at Snetterton). Team USA have not been present at any of the tests so far.

Practice for the first race of the season starts this friday.

With no testing under their belts and no announcement I cannot see it happening in time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A1GP is not in good health and a lot of teams and rounds are holding back on announcements. An example - the Taupo round (in New Zealand) have not started advertising or selling tickets yet, until they hear confirmation that the series will answer the bell. Also, there is a shortage of cars so there will be a handful of teams that wont race in round 1. perhaps team USA will be one of the teams to miss out. Aparantly there will be enough cars for round 2. (they expect a 24 car grid).

Just on a side note, the new a1 car looks good. perhaps indycar could take note for there new design.

Lightbulb Good health

bump up ..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    I was down at Andretti Green Racing Headquarters on Friday. Danica Patrick and Marco Andretti will be driving in the A1GP race in the Netherlands coming up. They had to go since they are American drivers and the drivers for Team USA have to be American.
    If you got that info from the team, they were giving you a line. The press release indicating Marco would be at Petit was dated Sept 12. The date for Zandvoort was known long before then.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    If you got that info from the team, they were giving you a line. The press release indicating Marco would be at Petit was dated Sept 12. The date for Zandvoort was known long before then.
    good point beachbum, also where he says Danica and Marco would be driving at Zandvoort...... since each team only has one car per race that isn't going to happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    yes,

last test day of the season is Wednesday (at Snetterton). Team USA have not been present at any of the tests so far.

Practice for the first race of the season starts this friday.

With no testing under their belts and no announcement I cannot see it happening in time.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70824