Hi everyone,

This is off Nascar topic, but this is where I hang out, so this was where I put it. I understand if it needs to be moved

I'd like to quickly tell you about an upcoming movie close to my heart..."We Are Marshall." Stars Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Fox.

You may have heard of Marshall University, we have a few notables...
* Randy Moss, wide receiver, Oakland Raiders
* Chad Pennington, quarterback, New York Jets
* Byron Leftwich, quarterback, Jacksonville Jaguars
* Mike D'Antoni, head coach, Phoenix Suns
* Troy Brown, wide receiver, New England Patriots
* Chris Crocker, defensive back, Atlanta Falcons
* Mike Bartrum, long snapper/tight end, Philadelphia Eagles
* Chris Hanson, punter, Jacksonville Jaguars
* Chris Massey, long snapper/fullback, St. Louis Rams
* John Wade, offensive lineman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
* Rick Reed, former big-league starting pitcher, who made his name as a replacement player during the 1994 Major League Baseball players' strike
* Darius Watts, former NFL wide receiver, Denver Broncos

On November 14th, 1970, the Marshall University football team, football coaches, athletic staff, key alumni, and friends were flying home to Huntington, West Virginia after an away game against East Carolina. Their plane crashed on approach to Tri-state Airport, killing all seventy five (75) aboard. (The plane came in too low due to weather conditions, and hit the side of the mountain the airport rests on top of)

The movie follows the rebuilding of the program.

http://wearemarshall-themovie.warnerbros.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758794/

I was born in Huntington, WV, grew up just outside of town, attended MU and now I live only 25 miles away. Most of my family attended MU, still live close, and we are all huge Marshall fans. My father was on the scene of the crash in 1970, as he worked for Peidmont airlines at the time. My mother remembers how bad my dad looked when he finally arrived home, a day later from the crash scene. This crash affected everyone in this area very deeply, if you didn't know someone on the plane personally, you knew of them.

You don't have to be a football or sports fan to appreciate the movie. It's really not about that. It's about heart.

That heart is evident everytime we attend a home football game (and sometimes away games!), and we chant from one side of the stadium to the other..."We are......Marshall!!!" This is a long-time tradition at our stadium, and where the film title derived from.

So, I hope you'll go see the movie when it opens in your town, December 22nd, and tell your friends and family. The premiere is here in Huntington on Tuesday. Everyone is very excited.

McConaughey will be on Oprah today talking about the movie.

Thanks for reading everyone