Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Essex quits motorsports

Dansh LMS Essex has closed down, leaving drivers John Nielsen and Casper Elgaard without a drive for 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is a real shame. I am sorry to hear that.
    Words you say never seem To live up to the ones Inside your head....and I don't like what you got me hanging from.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also,

Rollcentre out of Le Mans racing
    Embassy closing their doors

and more to come.

I think we are in for a winter of bad news - we've been kind of spoiled over the past couple of years.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    With the current global economy, it's far too expensive to go racing unless you have really big sponsors. The little guy loses again.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This, according to rumors in denmark, is not down to money, or lack of it, but moore the fact that the owner of Essex and John Nielsen not getting along anymoore, but in the end, there fight was about money, wich John was taking...
    But, rumors are rumors, and the global economy is the most likely factor, since Essex is a real estate company...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by courageous
    Also,

Rollcentre out of Le Mans racing
    just wondering where you heard this??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Claus - Could you tell a littel bit more about the Nielsen / Halvorsen disagreement?

dba.dk had a story which also indicated something more fundamental than Essex lacking the money for another go.

You comment comes out a little bit like Nielsen has been close to something not acceptable. The decision to run Dunlops was let's say brave or maybe a little stupid. But I don't think Nielsen made it alone.

So let's have the rumors.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Adane, i could, but i dont like spreding rumors, but okay, but dont blame me, if its not true !
    I was something with Nielsen bying parts for the team from Porsche, then selling them on for a higher price to Halvorsen, there by earning a little cash to himself, i dont think this is true, and its and rumor...
    But again, rumors are rumors, and the global economy is the most likely factor, since Essex is a real estate company...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry for asking you to let the gene out of the bottle. Sounds very much like a creative pay scheme who has turned sour. The alternative is quite unbearable for an old fan of Nielsen.