Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O/T Atlantics in NJ

Just returned from watching the Mazda Atlantic race at NJ Motorsports Park - very entertaining and very fast. Is has been 15+ years since I saw an AOWR race in person and this was better that the product I saw then...

Just wanted to say good show and it was nice to be able see these cars up so close... Too bad the crowd was nearly non-existent.... Sad that the Grand-Am cars a couple of weeks ago were far less entertaining but had a far bigger crowd....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With Carl Skerlong winning his maiden race.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I wanted to go but just had way too many things going on this weekend. Any pictures? I assume the dirt/dust problem was much better with all the rain we've had.

The Grand Am pulled in a LOT of sprots car guys from The Porsche-Ferrari crowd in New York/ New Jersey/PA.. Like them or not, Grand AM is a major league series, Has the premier sports-car event in north america, and is fairly well promoted on TV. Minor league openwheel racing is just like minor league baseball. Great play, great enthusiasm by the participants, but no one really cares in the end.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I wanted to go but just had way too many things going on this weekend. Any pictures? I assume the dirt/dust problem was much better with all the rain we've had.

The Grand Am pulled in a LOT of sprots car guys from The Porsche-Ferrari crowd in New York/ New Jersey/PA.. Like them or not, Grand AM is a major league series, Has the premier sports-car event in north america, and is fairly well promoted on TV. Minor league openwheel racing is just like minor league baseball. Great play, great enthusiasm by the participants, but no one really cares in the end.
    Dust was way better - but sill some in frequently "plowed" areas.... Mud was an issue - in a way it was good there were not more people needing parking...

The entire GrandAm event was much bigger - more support races etc. the infield was full of competitors for the GrandAm and for this race it was only the garage area...

I'll post a couple of pics next...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nigel at the start

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    one of the Mansell boys

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    winner Carl Skerlong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    on the track