Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Talking OK, hand's up those who weren't expecting this

I'm not surprised at all.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70626

"I felt I drove a really good race and was moving through the field very quickly when the circuit was at its wettest," said Hamilton.

"If it had kept on raining, I feel pretty confident I probably could have even won from 15th grid position; but, as the circuit dried out, my tyres overcooked and I had to defend my position from Mark Webber.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Can you explain what you are reading into that statement, because other than him stating he could win (I think second was possible) then I don't see a problem.

Please do offer your opinion rather than a nondescript statement, where we have to guess what you mean.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm just making fun of it.

Every time he didn't win a race, even when he didn't finish because he had an accident, he comes and tells us how he could have won it, IF!

I find it funny, and I'm happy he does it, cause it's a sign that he isn't confident about himself and needs to up himself publicly to feel better.

And having Ron Come and echo his words every time to give a bit more support to the poor little aggressive mouse, it's funny too!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    He is like this. I no longer read his statements.
    Formula 1

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I must agree that he's become a rather graceless interviewee, but he's hardly alone in this within sport.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I must agree that he's become a rather graceless interviewee, but he's hardly alone in this within sport.
    Agreed. I do think this is down to him going through childhood being groomed for this rather than some of the other drivers who had a slightly more "normal" life before being a racing driver.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Agreed. I do think this is down to him going through childhood being groomed for this rather than some of the other drivers who had a slightly more "normal" life before being a racing driver.
    I think that's exactly it. One can hardly blame him for it — or indeed anyone, because it's not really something to which blame can be applied.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    now who knows what would have happened? maybe he's right. If, if, if... after an if I'm capable of having done a lot of things too. He would have won the wdc last year hadn't he been so stupid... never heard this one... if lewis hamilton had been a test driver last year mclaren would have won a title. How does he like this if?

"With the third conditional we talk about the past. We talk about a condition in the past that did not happen. That is why there is no possibility for this condition. The third conditional is also like a dream, but with no possibility of the dream coming true."

Quote Originally Posted by eu
    now who knows what would have happened? maybe he's right. If, if, if... after an if I'm capable of having done a lot of things too. He would have won the wdc last year hadn't he been so stupid... never heard this one... if lewis hamilton had been a test driver last year mclaren would have won a title. How does he like this if?

"With the third conditional we talk about the past. We talk about a condition in the past that did not happen. That is why there is no possibility for this condition. The third conditional is also like a dream, but with no possibility of the dream coming true."
    I once read about a great piece of grammatical graffiti in South Africa around the time of the end of apartheid: 'The past is tense. The future? Perfect.'

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I think that's exactly it. One can hardly blame him for it — or indeed anyone, because it's not really something to which blame can be applied.
    Yup. If someone wants to have that sort of life in the hope that they'll become WDC then good luck to them. I'd love to be driving in the WRC as a works driver but not if it required spending my whole childhood doing an apprenticeship...... Lewis will have squillions of pounds to do whatever he wants to do with himself in his later years but he will never have another childhood but at the end of the day his choice makes very little difference to me so whatever

I don't however like how the person that this life has manufactured comes across in interviews. Perhaps Ron should do something different with his next project and make him/her a little more personable
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.