Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi Raikkonen because he made no impression in the race, considering his equipment and talent he should have done better.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    DC

He passed Fisi early, but the broadcast team failed to note that he then fell back behind GF, Kimi, and Lewis--he very clearly had a spin or a tank-slapper and they got past. Then he has a coming together with both Fisi and Nakajima.

He's been a very good driver throughout his career, but lately he's had more than his share of incidents and, for me, he cannot retire quick enough.
    What, so someone hitting from behind is his fault? And with the Nakajima incident, we see from the outside camera that DC is only slightly behind, and from Naka's onboard camera, he goes past but then once he turns in he goes too tight as the gap between him and the white line shows he didn't leave enough room through there for DC.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    You've all forgotten someone guys.

DotR is easy: the race stewards.

For their utterly crap decision in making Massa have to pass Nico again, when he had NOT cut any chicane anywhere. That decision cost Massa at least a couple of seconds, which in retrospect considering how close he was to Alonso, means 2 valuable championship points.

The stewards have gotten it badly wrong in regards to this chicane cutting business. They are ruining great races, races that we thought we'd never see in F1 again.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    You've all forgotten someone guys.

DotR is easy: the race stewards.

For their utterly crap decision in making Massa have to pass Nico again, when he had NOT cut any chicane anywhere. That decision cost Massa at least a couple of seconds, which in retrospect considering how close he was to Alonso, means 2 valuable championship points.

The stewards have gotten it badly wrong in regards to this chicane cutting business. They are ruining great races, races that we thought we'd never see in F1 again.

The best answer would be to eliminate chicanes but that will not happen.

The next best might be to replace the run offs with very sticky stuff (more than the kitty litter they use now)so once you are off, there is NO getting back, crane or otherwise.

Then the penalty becomes quite clear, no more stewards trying to think about what to and there is no more cuttinG

but that will not happen either
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BM
    What, so someone hitting from behind is his fault? And with the Nakajima incident, we see from the outside camera that DC is only slightly behind, and from Naka's onboard camera, he goes past but then once he turns in he goes too tight as the gap between him and the white line shows he didn't leave enough room through there for DC.
    Was the incident with GF David's fault? It might be. Fisi had a thrilling dice with Raikonnen for several laps--where the two came very close on several occasions. But no contact, and KR eventually got by. The same deal with the Fisichella-Hamilton dice. It was close but Lewis found a way past without making contact.

On the other hand, Coulthard was involved in two fights and in each one the other driver's race ended or was severely compromised. I think Nakajima finished two laps down.

The common thread in about a dozen incidents between drivers this year is . . . . David Coulthard.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    after the qualifs I would have said McL and Lewis.....But after sunday definitely Ferrari as a team..Massa for not taking more advantge from his starting grid position...Kimi for not keeping up with the other title candidates and Ferrari as a team for not giving there drivers a better car..surely if you see Toro Rosso did a great job !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I normally defend Kimi but he's bang to rights for this one.

Massa get's an honerable mention for a pretty poor show.

LH would have been in the frame after a near disasterous tyre decidion in qualifying but made it up in the race. In fact, if the weather had done what it's supposed to, may have won.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    So how did SB do what???

Kimi got FASTEST lap, CAN HE DO IT?? YES, AGAIN, WOW (sorry if you don't listen to speed tv you have no idea what i mean here)

Yeah, once again Kimi seemed a sleep until the end. I know what people say that it ain't true and I am stupid (or worse), but it is as almost as though he has ADD, as his driving certainly fits the pattern.

When Kimi is "really on it", I do not think there is anyone faster, but.....today it was though LH was really scared to challenge Kimi perhaps for fear of getting slammed offf the track, but when he did, it was as though Kimi was sleeping at the wheel......and later kimi just did not really seemed to want to pass cars in front, and at times would have the "passing advantage", then concede the corner.
    It aint no good going quick having been plumb slow for most of the race, is it? Still' he's laughing all the way to the pub/bank with his contract extension. I wonder if his pay becomes performance related?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Kimi - fastest laps don't mean jack, especially when the guy who starts behind you on the grid puts in such a solid performance.

Despite what the Scots will tell you DC is also a contender, a guy with that much experience should be able to race with other cars properly.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I was going to say Ferrari, since neither car seemed capable of advancing past its starting position. But with Kimi knocking off those fastest laps near the end, I'd have to agree with you.

I'm not sure what's wrong with him. When there were stories of him getting wasted and cavorting with wild women, he seemed consistently fast. Now that he appears to have cleaned up his personal life, you don't know who is going to show up on race day: Fast Kimi or I Don't Care Kimi.
    That's a great idea for some new Ferrari merchandise. Kimi dolls!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.