Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piece of car!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Piece of car!!

Hi, back in 2006 I won a piece of Rob Collards #7 RAC MG ZS. It is the bottom part of either driver or passenger door and is signed by Rob Collard and Colin Turkington. I wondered if anyone might have an idea of how much something like this would go for on ebay? I don't really want to get rid of it but I am moving out next year and don't think my fiance wants it to come with us as it is a bit large!
    Any info grateful!
    Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Vicki,
    i would be interested in the door, you have a pm.
    Matthew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VICKI006
    Hi, back in 2006 I won a piece of Rob Collards #7 RAC MG ZS. It is the bottom part of either driver or passenger door and is signed by Rob Collard and Colin Turkington. I wondered if anyone might have an idea of how much something like this would go for on ebay? I don't really want to get rid of it but I am moving out next year and don't think my fiance wants it to come with us as it is a bit large!
    Any info grateful!
    Thanks
    You won a piece of a door from a 2006 BTCC racing car? Each to their own I guess.

Errr......I would say the area your talking about £200-£300
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow that much! thats worth thinking about selling it then!
    Cheers!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I certainly wouldn't be happy accepting less than £100 for it VICKI. I know it is only a car door but it does have provenance ("importance" to peple like Alfa Fan) in that it does belong to a racing car. If it was a baseball cap then maybe a two figure sum is fitting...but a door from a racing car? Putting a two figure sum on something like that, to me, is giving it away.

But see what mattie007 is offering in his PM and if it is competitive with my valuation then go for it lass.

It is just I am into collectable minature silver from just before the turn of the 20th Century and valuation is important to me too. I will not pay £70 if I know it is worth £60.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm afraid I disagree with you SEATFREAK with your valuation.

As the piece is on the larger side then demand would be lower as most people haven't got the room for it or their partner wouldn't want it being around taking up room. I have noticed a number of large pieces go on ebay and they just don't seem to sell very well, probably partly to do with the location as you can't really post these items!

There is currently a signed bonnet and a bumper of Matt Neal's 99 Primera on ebay for £200 and £160 which haven't sold and I would have thought these were more desirable. I would say you would be very lucky to get £100 for the item.
    Cleland is a legend. :cool:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks SEATFREAK for pricing me out the market!
    I got a ZS bumper off ebay for £18.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No way you will get £200-£300 for it. I would say you would be very lucky to get £50 for it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hold on to it a little longer, and respray it a popular MG/Rover colour and it may be come a rare part in high demand :P
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had the crazy idea of taking part of the door off my ZS and welding this part on, but it would look horrendous!

Anyway, my offer of £18 still stands.....