Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roth asked not to return next year?

According to the bloke in the sky sports studio (uk tv) the IRL have asked Marty Roth not to return as a driver next year. They have, apparently, told him his team his welcome back, but they want to see someone other than himself in the drivers seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Clearly his team isn't bad the performances of John Andretti and Jay Howard showed that Roth cars could run reasonably well. I would hope that Marty chooses to retire from Indycars and focus on running his team for one or two good drivers.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dude had a decent qualifying run.... but dropped like 15 spots in the first 5 laps.....rediculous
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    dude had a decent qualifying run.... but dropped like 15 spots in the first 5 laps.....rediculous
    There's no question that with $$ and some experience, a driver/owner like Roth can make a solid qualifying effort on ovals. But it takes more than that to run a great race. Marty has some real knowledge and expertise from his driving that he could bring to a role as team owner. But he does not need to be competing in 09 with what will be one of the strongest IRL fields in many years. I thought Jay Howard did a reasonable job when given the chance this season. Howard and Meira might be a decent Roth Racing team if they decided to go in that direction.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    There's no question that with $$ and some experience, a driver/owner like Roth can make a solid qualifying effort on ovals. But it takes more than that to run a great race. Marty has some real knowledge and expertise from his driving that he could bring to a role as team owner. But he does not need to be competing in 09 with what will be one of the strongest IRL fields in many years. I thought Jay Howard did a reasonable job when given the chance this season. Howard and Meira might be a decent Roth Racing team if they decided to go in that direction.
    he's canadien... how about PT and Ranger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PT acted like he was lowering his standards for Vision, so no, will not go for Roth. I do think the PT will find a ride though, possibly a full Vision-Walker team next season, or at least a road course team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    PT acted like he was lowering his standards for Vision, so no, will not go for Roth. I do think the PT will find a ride though, possibly a full Vision-Walker team next season, or at least a road course team.
    I hope so.... love him or hate him he sure makes things more enjoyable....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's a shame if this is true. I love good competition, but like in Formula 1, for every Ferrari, there is a Force India bringing up the rear. It's Marty's team, and if he wan't to continue to drive, he should be allowed. It's not like he finished last in points either. I wish I could run and drive for my own racing team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTalbot
    I think it's a shame if this is true. I love good competition, but like in Formula 1, for every Ferrari, there is a Force India bringing up the rear. It's Marty's team, and if he wan't to continue to drive, he should be allowed. It's not like he finished last in points either. I wish I could run and drive for my own racing team.
    Well I think it is a different story when you are endangering others just to live out your personal dreams. just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you are qualified... Why should just anyone be allowed to drive? Noone is saying he can't have a team. I think it's a SAFE move
    INDY!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 16&Gtown
    Well I think it is a different story when you are endangering others just to live out your personal dreams. just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you are qualified... Why should just anyone be allowed to drive? Noone is saying he can't have a team. I think it's a SAFE move
    I think Tony George, Barnhart and Cotman should, all three, sit down with Marty and encourage him to become solely an owner. Explain to him the thanks you have for his participation as a driver, their desire to have him remain a part of the Indy Car Series and show him, in detail, the path that Chip Ganassi took to become the succesful team owner he is.
    But in NO way should they just "kick him to the curb". It's an awfully fine edge your trying to ride by saying it's a "safety" issue. How is he any less safe now, compared to last year, when they needed him for car count?
    Don't get me wrong, I agree Marty is in way over his head, but the truth is, 365 days ago, the league WANTED Marty Roth to participate.