View Poll Results: Did FIA make the right decision ?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 29.11%
  • No

112 70.89%
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    open to interpretation.
    Should have read, "open to manipulation"
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    All I want is racing.

I don't give a fig if Ferrari win as long as it was a fair fight with hopefully good racing.

I do like drivers with attitude though as they make it more personal.

JPM, JV, our Nige, Kimi and Lewis all have a bit of attitude which spices things up a bit.
    You forget JPYM as well. The y stands for "you ****ing broke my head!"
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The old BTCC rulebook started off with the line "If it doesn't say you can, you can't."

Saved a lot of bother, that did.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You forget JPYM as well. The y stands for "you ****ing broke my head!"
    That was a classic Montoya moment
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ian Phillips (Force India) is saying on FIve Live that in the team managers' meeting at Monza Charlie Whiting reminded the teams that if you gain an advantage you should wait until at least the next corner until you overtake.

Trouble is, none of the team mangers have any recollection of such a ruling and it certainly doesn't appear in the sporting code.

This is the problem: not so much whether Lewis or Kimi did anything wrong but the total fogginess of a rulebook which leaves so much open to interpretation.
    The problem again comes down to the fact that a rulebook can't be all inclusive. Every single time I've seen this sort of thing happen the driver has always given the place back and not attacked for a corner or two, they've been penalised for not giving the place back at all or they've sort of given the place back as Lewis did and they got penalised. I can't actually recall when I last saw someone do what Lewis did. Can anyone tell me when the last time someone gained and advantage, gave the place back and then overtook all within the time from one corner to another?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The problem again comes down to the fact that a rulebook can't be all inclusive.
    Entirely possible, but then how can you possibly impose a punishment for something not covered by the rules? All you can do is issue a clarification so that going forward everybody knows where they stand. This is what should have been done in Belgium: clarify exactly what the procedure is for relinquishing any advantage.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Entirely possible, but then how can you possibly impose a punishment for something not covered by the rules? All you can do is issue a clarification so that going forward everybody knows where they stand. This is what should have been done in Belgium: clarify exactly what the procedure is for relinquishing any advantage.
    That's it in a nutshell.

There is nothing in the rules about giving back any advantage. However, the understanding is that if you gain a place or maintain a place by going off track, you relinquish it or get a drive through.

Now, Charlie has "reiterated" than any advantage needs to be given back and no overtake until after the next corner. Problem is, nobody can remember him saying that before

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well like I said it has AFAIK never happened before. Thing is there is a rule against gaining an advantage though

I think the driver and team should take some responsibility for not being a bit more sensible with things......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well like I said it has AFAIK never happened before. Thing is there is a rule against gaining an advantage though

I think the driver and team should take some responsibility for not being a bit more sensible with things......
    Really? There's a rule that covers gaining an advantage?

Can you show it please.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Really? There's a rule that covers gaining an advantage?

Can you show it please.
    Is there not? My bad if so!

As Dave says though "If it doesn't say you can, you can't" should be the way it operates.