View Poll Results: Did FIA make the right decision ?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 29.11%
  • No

112 70.89%
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    They will and they win the appeal IMO. And I think that if there is a punishment it shoould mirror the one at Valencia - a fine.
    Formula 1

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i was prepared for McLaren to not get cut any slack after last year, and they have, perhaps, been dealt with harshly on a few occasions this year, but also pretty fairly, but in this case i think they have finally lost the plot - the guys raced hard and from what i saw fairly, regardless of who was involved i would call this as a stupid ruling and i hope in this case McLaren stand up and appeal, as to date this year they've (understandbly) not complained too loudly about anything but here i'd say they have the high ground, and that has taken a lot after last years events
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Wake up and smell the G-Strings in Max's drawer

Ia anyone really honestly surprised by this.

It's McLaren gawd darnit. I mean, the FIA would fine the team for Lewis leaving skids on in the toilet bowl.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a pile of BS.
    If Lewis kept his foot in and took the place, then its a fair call.
    Lewis backed off, Kimi got ahead then Lewis passed him fairly into the next corner.
    I was begininng to think F1 was back on track after a very exciting race today, but now im not sure. FIA/Stewards deserve a slap round the face and they should be ashamed.

Its a shame as Lewis drove brilliantly today.

"Ferrari Internal Assistance"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    There might be added another 25 seconds for blocking Kimi off 2 corners later from retaking the lead by changing lines 4 times ...
    This isn't the Indy Racing League - what happens in situations like that is between the drivers - and besides if this were the case then they would need to strip Michael Schumacher of several titles.

This is clearly a pathetic decision regardless of any partisan support anyone might have - it was an exciting finish to the race and that particular incident ultimately had little bearing on the outcome given the conditions of the subsequent 2 laps. It is sickening and cannot be in the sport's best interests.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    An entirely predictable decision by the stewards, McLaren being penalised. Every time theres the slightest incident, they get a penalty. And yet Ferrari always get away with it. You only have to look at the last race where Massa kept the win despite nearly causing a collision in the pitlane. Yet in GP2, drivers have been penalised for similar incidents. I'm afraid there are too many examples now of the blatant bias towards Ferrari by the FIA, and stewards. The sport has become a farce, and the manufacturers should form their own breakaway series, and leave Ferrari to compete in Formula 1 by themselves, at least the FIA would get their wish of Ferrari winning every week.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a slap around the face!? deserve a brain transplant and a pair of glasses more like!
    Well done Dale JR....a fitting tribute to your father

dale earnhardt 1951-2001

Right, I'm off to open the champagne, just as I did after the spygate hearing when, as today, justice was done.

Note to Mclaren - Don't break rules, don't get punished.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    McLaren won't appeal. They know if they do, Max & Co will find they have copied Ferrari designs by using round, black tires on their car, fine them 100 million Euros, and take away their points for the 2008 season. The appeal process for anyone is a waste of time as long as the FIA decides the appeal.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I hope MacLeran appeal this, and I expect them to lose, and maybe face a harsher penalty...

Its to bad for Hamilton cause had the incident happened earlier in the race they could have negotiated a let Kimi by again kinda of resolution like what happened to Alonos b4, but alas, the stewerts deemed it was worth a stop and go, which equates to 25s after the checkers which means Ron Dennis, when in doubt... don't take "we had probably complied" to equal home free...

Now is the results official? I do recall a protest that was suppose to be un-related... This 25s penalty might become moot if Hamilton gets DQ'd for whatever Ferrari are complaining about...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.