Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ug, that's how the rule was explained some time ago and there's been no indication that it's been changed. I said the same thing earlier in the thread.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you guys remember the 2001 Long Beach Grand Prix? Back then, Helio blocked a Newman Haas driver, Cristiano da Matta, just as blatantly as he did with Justin. The officials warned him not to do that again or he would face a penalty. He didn't block again, of course, but Cristiano's golden opportunity to make the pass was gone for good. So a warning in this situation is hardly effective.

Anyway, to answer the original question. Hopefully, the racing world will come to a state where this kind of officialdom is not needed because drivers don't move across the whole racetrack to prevent their faster opponent from overtaking them.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh, and Turn3, not to get off topic again about Danica but I had to address your comment about the crash in practice at Kentucky this year. I was there, I was in her garage when they towed it back. I spoke with the pit crew, they said something broke and they were in the process of sorting it out. So, I know it was a mechanical malfunction. Its clear to me in the video, she cant steer it, something broke.

I will talk to them again Saturday and try to find out what it was exactly and let you know.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    How anyone can argue that i) Helio's block should have gone unpunished or ii) that somehow Justin didn't richly deserve to win is pure madness. Helio didnt just block, had Justin not have backed out of the move Helio would have crashed him into the wall, so in my view a call to let him by for blocking is getting off with a light punishment. Also the fact of the matter is that Justin was MUCH faster than Helio after the safety car period, the reason Justin wasnt challenging before it is simple - he was saving fuel. once the safety car came in the circumstances had changed and he had the fuel to run flat out, which was at a pace that Helio couldnt live with. The reason that Justin didnt attack again after the block was that his team told him that Helio would have to let him by, so rather than risk the car he simply waited for Helio to oblige.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    How anyone can argue that i) Helio's block should have gone unpunished or ii) that somehow Justin didn't richly deserve to win is pure madness. Helio didnt just block, had Justin not have backed out of the move Helio would have crashed him into the wall, so in my view a call to let him by for blocking is getting off with a light punishment. Also the fact of the matter is that Justin was MUCH faster than Helio after the safety car period, the reason Justin wasnt challenging before it is simple - he was saving fuel. once the safety car came in the circumstances had changed and he had the fuel to run flat out, which was at a pace that Helio couldnt live with. The reason that Justin didnt attack again after the block was that his team told him that Helio would have to let him by, so rather than risk the car he simply waited for Helio to oblige.
    As sombody above pointed out, Helio has a history of blocking THIS YEAR in the back of the field. It all came together in Detroit when he was blocking for the lead.
    It was the correct call.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Helio is an idiot. Its like he hit below the belt as you usually get a free pass if it is not an accident. Then he is furious theref stayed with the rules. And Cindrics moron comment " we supported this series since blah blah blah.

First race I actually watched in a while and I have missed nothing. Idiots

Glad for Paul and Newman Haas though!
    HELLO CHAMPCAR!! WAKE UP!! ARE YOU THERE??!!?? HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quit Whining

If you want the race decided on the track, then don't break the rules. This pathetic whining is the same as dopey hockey fans who say "In the last five minutes of a game we shouldn't have a game decided by penalties--let them play." If you don't want the game decided by penalties, then don't commit one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Dreadful call, Helio played by the rules.

BS, Helio is the worst blocker I have ever seen. It's about time he was called on it. If drivers were allowed to block like that there would be no passing and many more crashes. Remember when he wiped out at Watkins Glen and cried because the league was telling him to hold hit line? I think one of his Indy wins he blocked so bad it was sickening. Great call by Barnhart and Wilson deserved the win. Helio's blocks are much more obvious than Danica's!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nah, blocking is part of the racing really, I always don't get why the blocking is such a sensitive topic in US openwheel racing while it's not really that important for the rest of the world, even not in NASCAR.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    Nah, blocking is part of the racing really, I always don't get why the blocking is such a sensitive topic in US openwheel racing while it's not really that important for the rest of the world, even not in NASCAR.

Oh, I don't know maybe... wait for it... FENDERS! It is a big deal in all open wheel series and of little importance in fendered series.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.