Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MJW

The new Technical Regulations for 2010

Just read in Autosport magazine that at the recent WR council it was not possible to reach agreement on the "detail" of the new cars that are to form S2000+. If agreement can not be reached by November meeting FIA will impose the S2000 (not plus) technical regulations.
    Am I the only one here who is becoming suspicious ?
    1. Ther is no global promoter (still)
    2. Uncertainty on detail of technical regulations.
    3. Unease at 2010 calendar - will Russia be included after its recent political stances?
    Bloody hell its September 1st tomorrow, the 2009 season will be with us soon, and if FIA insist the new tech regs. are 15 months away, and no manufacturer knows what exactly they can build!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Just read in Autosport magazine that at the recent WR council it was not possible to reach agreement on the "detail" of the new cars that are to form S2000+. If agreement can not be reached by November meeting FIA will impose the S2000 (not plus) technical regulations.
    3. Unease at 2010 calendar - will Russia be included after its recent political stances?
    Bloody hell its September 1st tomorrow, the 2009 season will be with us soon, and if FIA insist the new tech regs. are 15 months away, and no manufacturer knows what exactly they can build!
    Well, where do I begin?

Remaining positive is increasingly difficult with the myriad of confusion in the WRC. I don't think what the manufacturers' are looking for is particularly difficult. Clear concise direction! *fingers crossed*
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Hopefully they will just impose S2000, I'll be happy with that
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be happy with anything that equals a little bit of a certainty towards a clear goal. It is sad to be happy with so little, but the way things look to be going that'd do for me.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, just can't keep silent seeing this:
    Unease at 2010 calendar - will Russia be included after its recent political stances?
    I don't know what your media puts in your heads (no, I actually DO know, just don't understand WHY), but what the hell is "Russian recent political stances"?!!! Russia was the only country to protect a free nation and its people from Georgian genocide. And if YOU think it's good that the USA supports such a martial and urespectable and dishonest behavior from Georgia, than Ok, seems that Europe is now also on its knees.
    But calling that what Georgia did in the Caucases "Russian political stances" is a complete BS!!!
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Hopefully they will just impose S2000, I'll be happy with that

So will I. Would love to see the WRC drivers in S2000 cars !

It would actually keep things cheap, clean and simple !

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    If the FIA/World Motorsport Council were doing their job properly they would address this issue as soon as possible. To be blunt the WRC is in a mess, very little promotion, little Manufacturer interest - and what are they doing about it? Exactly, not a lot!!
    Both the WTCC & WRC are needing help, yet they sit idly by and take no notice. There is more to Motorsport than F1 - sort it out!!!
    You can't blame Manufacturers from not joining when there is no clear leadership, no regs, calendar, etc

Lets have S2000/S2000+ but make it cheap and spectacular, WRCars are fantastic technology but not spectacular, and sound like strangled farts. As for the calendar; 12 rounds, Jan - Dec, 4 'classics' the other 8 rotate, 6 week gap in summer.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron

I don't know what your media puts in your heads (no, I actually DO know, just don't understand WHY), but what the hell is "Russian recent political stances"?!!! Russia was the only country to protect a free nation and its people from Georgian genocide. And if YOU think it's good that the USA supports such a martial and urespectable and dishonest behavior from Georgia, than Ok, seems that Europe is now also on its knees.
    But calling that what Georgia did in the Caucases "Russian political stances" is a complete BS!!!
    Sad, what Russian media is doing with its people ...
    R.I.P. Michael Park
    Thanks for great memories through many years!

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron

Sorry, but does "protecting" now means occupying an independent republic and destroying two cities??? I feel very sad that people are still buying that "we are protecting" or "russian peacekeeping" BS!! Female estonian blonde snipers active in Chechnia - do You believe this as well??? KGB PROPAGANDA - like we had in soviet time, nothing else. But i feel sorry for the people who believe this ultimate and utter BS!!

My apologies for OT, but i could not resist to answer this "brainwashed" post!

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Oh! No, no, no! The main problems with WRC Rally Russia are:
    - too many white bears on the streets
    - too many drank agressive people with Kalashnikov machine-guns & balalaika`s

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Sorry, but does "protecting" now means occupying an independent republic and destroying two cities??? I feel very sad that people are still buying that "we are protecting" or "russian peacekeeping" BS!! Female estonian blonde snipers active in Chechnia - do You believe this as well??? KGB PROPAGANDA - like we had in soviet time, nothing else. But i feel sorry for the people who believe this ultimate and utter BS!!

My apologies for OT, but i could not resist to answer this "brainwashed" post!
    Occupying? Hahaha! Tell me who need this poor Georgia here in rich Russia? NOBODY! Mr.Saakashvili try to play dangerous games but he has too small balls. Believe me, he will be a president of 'most democratic country in the world' (so funny!) for next 6 months and after that USA will change him.

Sorry, I must go for a walk with my white bear...
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian