Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tags in for Bernoldi

Bernoldi has a lot of pain on the bumpy circuit at Belle Isle after his injury last week in Sonoma so Conquest Racing is bringing in Tags!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hasn't he missed almost all of the practice though? And it's not like he's used to the car. He's not really likely to be on the pace this weekend, I hope this doesn't count against him for the future.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Agreed, but still good to see Tags back in an openwheeler.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's been allowed to drive in both groups for this morning's practice which shoudl help.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to knock Tag, but was PT not available? Seems the better choice would have been PT who now has experience in this car at this Track, and to add finished 4th at Edm. Was it a Contract Issue or too short notice for PT?
    February 22, 2008, The Dawn Of A New Era In Open Wheel Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nah, Tony George told Tracy that he is not welcome in a car for the rest of the season because of his stellar performance at Edm.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's going on with Conquest?

Cutting people, cutting cars, a miracle phone call, rent-a-ride...... now ends up with Tags. I started to ignore this team since they were still in CC. No wonder this team couldn't land a good sponsor due to all these mess. Who cares who they put in the car now. They never be a front runner team anyway with the way they run the team.

Good to see Tags in a one-race-deal. Tracy? This guy is not done with IndyCar but IndyCar is done with him.
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cart750hp
    What's going on with Conquest?

Cutting people, cutting cars, a miracle phone call, rent-a-ride...... now ends up with Tags. I started to ignore this team since they were still in CC. No wonder this team couldn't land a good sponsor due to all these mess. Who cares who they put in the car now. They never be a front runner team anyway with the way they run the team.

Good to see Tags in a one-race-deal. Tracy? This guy is not done with IndyCar but IndyCar is done with him.
    I am not aware of Conquest cutting people or cutting cars. I don't know about a mysterious phone call either. Tag was called to replace an injured driver, how mysterious is that?

Conquest was actually looking forward to a breakout year when their sponsor Opes Prime was forced to withdrew back in April. They had to fire Franck Perera and run Bernoldi and Camara to please their only remaning sponsor, Sangari.

The problem is that they are both inexperienced. The following is from speedtv.com.

“I am convinced Enrique would be very fast if we gave him a fast car,” said Conquest team owner Eric Bachelart. “But with the lack of testing and also an inexperienced teammate (Camara) we haven’t been able to make much progress with the car this year. We are 16 races into the season and we still don’t know the car very well, but Alex immediately gave us a lot of feedback. In fact, we probably learned as much in practice this morning as we have the rest of the season.”
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Know Bernoldi is hurt now, but before that, he was a zero in this series as an ex-F1 driver. I've read a couple of his quotes where he stiffly reminded people that he drove F1. Fine. I have sympathy that he's hurt now. I have no sympathy for him indicating to people he's down in class, particularly when he's running at the back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hopefully Tag gets the permanent seat and Bernoldi goes back to Brazilian touring cars. He was a hack in F1, most famous because he held up the square-head (Coulthard) for 25 laps at Monaco.

We won't miss ya, Enrique, especially since Tags is a far better development driver.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill