Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    It is difficult to predict weather for Rally NZ because not only is it really close to the ocean the stages are fairly widely spread out. Raglan is more central to the rally than Hamilton is, if you're searching for weather information online, although on Saturday morning some stages are really closer to Auckland than Raglan.

It seems that it will be sunny on Friday... no guarantees though.
    Well, I am not searching for the online sites. Related to my work I have access to weather information that is not freely accessible online or is very difficult to search online. So, I try to relate my knowledge in meteorology and all models and weather maps that I can access. I think that I managed to be more precise about the weather on stages at least for Germany, because I also considered the locations of stages. I try to do the same for N-Z :-) But it is other side of the planet and I don't know how my knowledge about meteorology works there :-) but it is my hobby like I said :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Well, I am not searching for the online sites. Related to my work I have access to weather information that is not freely accessible online or is very difficult to search online. So, I try to relate my knowledge in meteorology and all models and weather maps that I can access. I think that I managed to be more precise about the weather on stages at least for Germany, because I also considered the locations of stages. I try to do the same for N-Z :-) But it is other side of the planet and I don't know how my knowledge about meteorology works there :-) but it is my hobby like I said :-)
    Very interesting (and I'm not being sarcastic). What would you say the effect of an ocean nearby to the stages is? Would it tend to randomise the weather to some extent or do the opposite?

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Salist
    Only 14 WRC
    14 WRC or not, I love this rally, I love this country and one day I will be there too
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    another thing: after watching WRC.com videos, can I please make a small rant:

It's not the Wanga coast! It's Whaanga coast, should be pronounced more like 'Fahng-a'. I don't know how people can be so happy to call it the "Wanga" coast. It sounds almost dirty that way.

Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    Very interesting (and I'm not being sarcastic). What would you say the effect of an ocean nearby to the stages is? Would it tend to randomise the weather to some extent or do the opposite?
    Well, it is a little bit off topic but it is educating for everyone. And weather is very important in rallying anyway so, I will give you my view: In my view the ocean in case of Whaanga coast stage is like opposite. The temperature near the shoreline is similar to ocean and if it does not rain on ocean then it does not rain there as well. But inland is little bit different. For example, when clouds are coming from warmer sea to colder land (which might be the case in spring, winter and autumn), then there is huge possibility of rain, because dew point changes. At the same time on the mainland, after the midday after very wet period evaporation is higher than on ocean and uprising warmer air can cause local rain clouds because the same humidity rises to the higher and colder layer of the atmosphere and might form quite nice rainclouds:-) So, we might end up with the situation that it is dryer near the coast and more rain inland. Of course, small elevation changes can cause the same effect as uprising warm humid air. So, a little theory:-) If you are interested it in more detail then I can write you an e-mail :-) Otherwise I will just give my weather forecast one day before the next rally day. Then it should be very precise:-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    25th Aug 08, 10:44
    Weather forecast for New Zealand :

Well, at the moment it looks like the low pressure area is giving up and the weather is improving day by day. Tomorrow there will be quite a huge possibility of rain but Wednesday, Thursday and Friday should be fine weather:-)
    The stages should dry up a little because the maximum temperatures during the next days will be up to 15-16 degrees. Morning stages will be quite difficult because the temperature is only up to 5-6 degrees and with hard tires :-)
    For Saturday it is still difficult to call but there is a possibility of rain and cold weather. Sunday looks to fine again. In the worst scenario it will be wet and 6 degrees of warmth on Saturday morning :-)

Cheers bluuford, now the official forum weatherman
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Cheers bluuford, now the official forum weatherman

I suggest the title to be added under his name...

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Here's a link to MetService New Zealand 7 day weather maps...

http://www.metservice.com/default/in...=rainfcst_7day

..and more detailed 3 day forecasts...

http://www.metservice.com/default/in...armrainoutlook

The weather looks like is should be fine for most the rally....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys
    Just arrived in Auckland, renting a car and going down to Hamiton on Thursday for the weekend, any locals know where i can get tickets? i thought it said on the website that you could get them in Repco stores but now all it says is programmes....
    Thanks in Advance, i can't wait for the weekend, didn't expect the weather to be this good, pretty warm in Auckland, way better than the past 2 months in Ireland anyway and its supposed to be summer there.

Ed

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    you can get tickets at the stages.