Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi's Problem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kimi's Problem

Trying to explain the grand spanking that Massa is giving Kimi right now, the commentators during the qualifying yesterday were saying that Kimi is struggling with the "brakes" of his car since Ferrari changed their braking system as they were wearing down very quickly. And that Massa has gotten used to them very quickly, and Kimi hasn't, which explains his rotten pace for the last few races. I don't know that for sure, maybe someone has some proof somewhere.

Having said that, Massa was completely blowing Kimi away in the same car by over 40 seconds as I started to type this post. Then there was the pitstop debacle where Kimi's rear tyre almost ran over the refueller, and now his engine conked up. It seems everything that could go wrong is going wrong for the reigning world champion.

Is it the matter of brakes, car setup or just morale, the fact that maybe Kimi isn't interested in racing or going fast anymore. Whatever it is, it doesn't look good for a reigning world champion to be blown away like this by his lesser reputed teammate.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would hazard a guess and say that Kimi was just trying to conserve his engine...this might have been his second race on the engine...and this is Massa's first race in this engine...

otherwise he was just plain outdone
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    With this engine, I don't know. Maybe it was the engine during the whole race.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has kimi run out of a reason for racing? he doesnt look a happy bunny. since joining ferrari, he hasnt looked the force he once was, despite title success last year. i watched a 2003 race the other day, and kimi looks alive and much more aggressive than he does now. we see flashes of the mclaren-era kimi from time to time, but, while kimi says hes happier at ferrari, is it simply that he suited the mclaren style more? its difficult to read kimi at the moment, but since his exhaust failure while leading in france three races ago, he has been nowhere!
    I didn't know chickens were capable of being vicious.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    You do wonder if Ferrari are beginning to question Kimi's contribution to the team, particularly on a value for money basis when compared with Massa!

I do think that Massa is very much a part of Ferrari, but perhaps they didn't see him as a team leader. Now, maybe, they're seeing that he might just be able to do that. If so, and Kimi's sensing a shift within the team, then that might be enough to affect his form.

Ferrari are very much a team, whereas Kimi seems somewhat outside the "inner circle". When he was winning races and the title that didn't matter much.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Maybe Kimi is having the problems that earlier people used to attribute to Felipe?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    not really,

last I checked Kimi is still 3rd in points at 57 and 7 behind Massa, a win or 2nd place finish in the next race coupled with a massa DNF puts him right back ahead of massa.

I think the engine was a problem for kimi today. he often doesn't make excuses for himslef but it was obvious he was nursing that car around. after a while, he felt more comfortable pushing the car and did a 1:39's

the pit stip incident did little to help the car's engine and then it let go.

he is 13 points back with 6 races to go, Just about where he was last year, when everyone though it was going to be decided between LH and Alonso.

He's having a few races where he's been less than stellar, but I won't count him out and definitely don't feel that he's past his expiration date with Ferrari.

I'd still hedge my bets that he'll finish ahead of massa.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I still don't get the idea of running heavy in q3, unless the lap is perfect, he will lose places to his main rivals, like this weekend, and' it compromises his starts too, as today when kovalainen got a clean side. Driving 5 laps longer in the first stint means nothing if you're behind Kubica and Heikki.

Driving like a moron in the pits doesn't help either.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A while ago I've red that Kimi is having problems to warm his tyres up during qualifying..

I think that should be the problem; in the races he can never show his true speed because he's always stuck behind anyone.

For example: In Hungary he sucked in qualifying, but have you seen his lap times there when he was closing in on Glock (so had a free road)? And who set the fastest racelap there?
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    the he better learn how to pass someone. But Massa is driving the wheels off of the car right now and he will be very hard to beat. I hopes it rains again so we can see if he is just bad in the rain of the car was to fault at silverstone. Kimi is just looking like a top fast runner but nothing special. Kinda like HK
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"