Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Wise move by Ford. I think it's needed if you're looking to the facts and in theory this is the best chance for Ford to bring (more) points in these events. Also not forget, Duval is the only man who could match the speed of Loeb on tarmac and when he does, and he will be for sure, a lot of test km's he could be the dangerous man for the win to led Loeb feel pressure, otherwise he will collect again 2x10 points on these rounds. On the gravel round in Finland and the next ones Latvala (with Hirvonen) is the man who had to make these pressure to led mistakes by Loeb.

One question: how about the car's livery for Latvala in these rounds (is he a replacement for Galli?) and will there the Structon privat Focus 07 (which is the original car for Duval) still be on the start-list and what will be the driver?? And will Latvala driven the Focus 08 version in the Stobart team??

Looking forward to these rounds, first next week NZ, last year was one of the all-time classixs.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko

One question: how about the car's livery for Latvala in these rounds (is he a replacement for Galli?) and will there the Structon privat Focus 07 (which is the original car for Duval) still be on the start-list and what will be the driver?? And will Latvala driven the Focus 08 version in the Stobart team??

Looking forward to these rounds, first next week NZ, last year was one of the all-time classixs.
    Car livery for Duval would be interesting. But Latvala drives for Stobart so he is in Stobart livery in WRC07. Duval drives in wrc08. I think he drives in official Abu Dhabi BP Ford with a Structo mark on the car and clothes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Duval will drive with the Abu Dhabi livery.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wonder why it doesnt mentioned that latvala will drive for stobart automatically.... could he just be dropped for those two rounds? surely not. but if malcolm can sell the stobart seats, it may raise that question.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    i wonder why it doesnt mentioned that latvala will drive for stobart automatically.... could he just be dropped for those two rounds? surely not. but if malcolm can sell the stobart seats, it may raise that question.
    What do you mean? Latvala is contracted by m-sport. So m-sport can put him in a Stobart car. And they do.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    What do you mean? Latvala is contracted by m-sport. So m-sport can put him in a Stobart car. And they do.
    They are trying to sell the seat to whoever whats it.

If they can get €150,000 for other other punter, Latvala can sit at home, unless Joukki spends more money to run him in Stobart car.

M-Sport/Ford dont have to put him in a car if they dont want to, I am sure they knew they were talking a risk with him at the start of the year, and it would be wise to have an appropriate clause in the contract to cover such an eventuallity.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    They are trying to sell the seat to whoever whats it.

If they can get €150,000 for other other punter, Latvala can sit at home, unless Joukki spends more money to run him in Stobart car.

M-Sport/Ford dont have to put him in a car if they dont want to, I am sure they knew they were talking a risk with him at the start of the year, and it would be wise to have an appropriate clause in the contract to cover such an eventuallity.
    This is certainly far-fetched. It would be quite ty move on Latvala to put him pay money due to poor performances. Do you think that Duval paid anything when Tuohino replaced him for few rallies?

And, of course, according to wrc.com Latvala has no possibility not to drive: "Duval will be co-driven by Frenchman Patrick Pivato and the duo will replace Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila, who will be nominated instead by the Stobart team."
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Car livery for Duval would be interesting. But Latvala drives for Stobart so he is in Stobart livery in WRC07. Duval drives in wrc08. I think he drives in official Abu Dhabi BP Ford with a Structo mark on the car and clothes.
    Duval will be driven in the BP FORD Abu Dhabi colors, maybe with a small Structo logo extra but there are more sponsor's on the Structo car! The man behind Structo did buy the car to be driven by Duval on these tarmac rounds. Now the car is available ( i think Latvala will get the Stobart car of Galli) and what about those sponsors? The sponors will have less publicity or some other good tarmac driver will step in, but they never will have that publicity normalwise. Maybe as part of the game Duval will drive the Structo car also (extra parts paid by Ford M-Sport) in the UK as there were some discussions already.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Awesome news...
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Let's see if Duval can beat Hirvonen on asphalt as comprehensively as Grönholm did. Or can he beat at all.
    But will we know?

Duval's main job is to help Ford in the manufacturers' but surely now that he is driving for the main Ford team he won't be allowed to beat Mikko like he did in Germany?

Mikko is pretty hot on asphalt himself though, dare I say it perhaps even more convincing than he is on gravel. But that is not the discussion here, Duval is replacing Latvala.

If Ford want to keep JML for the future (which I am sure they do) then it only makes sense to put him in the Stobart for the tarmac rounds, he ain't gonna learn how to drive on it sitting at home.