We've all heard the rumors about Tracy supposedly being at Infineon (Which apparently didn't come together) and Detroit, but apparently the Walker/Vision combo is working on a deal at Detroit, but considering how random the rest of the article is, I'm not sure it can be trusted.

Talk in Indy Racing League circles has Toronto's Paul Tracy close to a contract that could see him back in a Vision Racing Dallara at the Detroit Grand Prix of Belle Isle on Labour Day weekend.

According to sources, Derrick Walker is working hard to turn Tracy's fourth-place finish at the Rexall Edmonton Indy last month into another start in the Tony George-owned outfit.

There also are rumours linking Tracy to the third car at Chip Ganassi Racing should Darren Manning not re-sign. Another option would be a full-season in 2009 with Vision.
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/M...23081-sun.html

Huh? Darren Manning resigning somehow affects Ganassi? There is a third Ganassi car and Alex Lloyd isn't getting it? I guess it was a typo and he meant Wheldon instead of Manning. Anyone else hearing anything about this?

If Tracy does get back with Walker/Vision you would have to think he's a threat for a win. He had a great performance at Edmonton, has experience with the car, track, and team, so I'd have to consider him a favorite