Page 1241 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 24174111411191123112391240124112421243125112911341 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,410 of 14986
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Likewise, St Gwynno is insignificant compared to any of the long Kielder stages or the full Dalby stage. It's not even the most difficult in Wales!!
    As for Panzerplatte * rolls eyes * Spare me! I was very disappointed by the stage difficulty in general and the Gina 'hop' (not really a jump) in particular
    Like I said, I can't agree with all of the choices. I mean, they picked Bunnings outside Perth - why not Wellington Dam, which was a forty-five kilometre labyrinth of junctions and hairpins? Or Harvey Weir, which was a high-speed stage run late in the afternoon so that the sun was always in the drivers' eyes and cast funny shadows that made it difficult to spot braking points.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis
    It seems Elfyn Evans chose a Ford Fiesta S200 for his Academy crown : World Rally Championship - News - The WRC in 2013: 10 reasons to get excited
    Would not be surprised if Wilson use him to test out the new R5 in WRC in 13.

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    St Gwynno is no longer in use anyway, it's now a mountain biking complex. I'd probably put the 'proper' Resolfen stage before that in any case when it was run at it's full length. Always a car breaker.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
    St Gwynno is no longer in use anyway, it's now a mountain biking complex. I'd probably put the 'proper' Resolfen stage before that in any case when it was run at it's full length. Always a car breaker.
    As are many stages. If they don't get used for Rallying, they soon become turned into MTB complexes. Use them, or lose them. I worry about the Clocaenog stages; used once a year. No longer used for the now defunct Astra Stages, and Vauxhall Rally of Wales - and apart from last year, no longer included in the UK round of the WRC.

As for Resolfen, remember 1997? For the final day: St Gwynno, Rhondda, Rheola, Resolfen(the full fat version), Rheola2, Margam & Cheltenham....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
    I'd probably put the 'proper' Resolfen stage before that in any case when it was run at it's full length. Always a car breaker.
    You could probably fill a list of the ten toughest stages in the world with ten stages in Wales ...

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Ten most difficult stages in the world. Ten best movies of all times. Ten best war commanders of history. Ten most beautiful castles in the world. Ten most killing kinds of food. Ten blabla. Isn't all look same? These articles are in 99% meaningless and their only reason of existence is that someone needed to publish some article but didn't know about what/or was too lazy.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    As are many stages. If they don't get used for Rallying, they soon become turned into MTB complexes. Use them, or lose them. I worry about the Clocaenog stages; used once a year. No longer used for the now defunct Astra Stages, and Vauxhall Rally of Wales - and apart from last year, no longer included in the UK round of the WRC.

As for Resolfen, remember 1997? For the final day: St Gwynno, Rhondda, Rheola, Resolfen(the full fat version), Rheola2, Margam & Cheltenham....
    Just for the protocoll; I was at the stage finish at Resolfen in 1997...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Al Rajhi his program:

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Ten most difficult stages in the world. Ten best movies of all times. Ten best war commanders of history. Ten most beautiful castles in the world. Ten most killing kinds of food. Ten blabla. Isn't all look same? These articles are in 99% meaningless and their only reason of existence is that someone needed to publish some article but didn't know about what/or was too lazy.
    Pulp Fiction
    Blade Runner
    Casablanca
    Field of Dreams
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    La Dolce Vita
    Jean de Florette
    Shawshank Redemption
    Seven Samurai

Alexander
    Ghengis Khan
    Charlemagne
    Edward III
    Saladin
    Hanibal
    Marlborough
    Wellington
    Napoleon
    Sherman

Castles have to be fortified and not just ornamental palaces, this counts out most chateau and schloss.

Krak de Chevaliers
    Himeji
    Malbork
    Windsor
    Castel de Monte
    Spis
    Mehrangarh
    Carcassonne
    Hohensalzburg
    Warwick
    Food and Blabla aren't my thing - But for any afficianado of a subject the '10 best' is always a useful route to encourage debate and explore opinions - isn't that why we are on a forum in the first place?

However if anyone want's to take this on let's set up a thread in chit chat
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting stuff from Juho Hänninen on his decision to join M-Sport:

Hnninen: koda mi nabdla smlouvu