Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink heh heh heh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Old3Fan
    BTW Toyota has a new incentive to purchase a new car.
    When you sign the contract you get a free magnet to place under your cars accelerator to conserve fuel.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old3Fan
    And if he could feel it he would be p----d off big time. Dream up another answer.
    okay then,who does the dyno test after the races?Is it the driver or one of the crew?
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    talk about an incredibly crude way of cheating too. Just having the right size magnets available shows intent to cheat, which is sad.
    But surely there has to be a cleverer way to restrict the carb opening? That little 'stop' where the magnet was fixed to could be made to be adjustable in some hidden way rather than sticking something to it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The magnets were not an elaborate plan of deception ...
    they were a ploy to prevent showing the full horsepower the Gibbs' Toyota engines are producing ...
    they stuck the magnets to the floorboards of the Nationwide cars BEFORE they were to be tested ...
    (however the magnets were added AFTER the race)
    it was a haphazard plan & it depended on the inspectors not doing their jobs properly ...

the guilty parties hoped that the inspectors would overlook the magnets ...
    there should have been no surprise to them when the magnets were discovered ...
    the NASCAR inspectors are very capable people & take their duties seriously ...
    sticking the magnets to the floorboards was a very stupid thing for the guilty parties to do ...

Joe Gibbs Racing has now been tainted & they are now being cast as cheaters ...
    the results that Joe Gibbs Racing has achieved with ALL of their Toyotas now comes into question ...
    it also casts the Nationwide Series & NASCAR in a bad light, I fear the ripple effect isn't over.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hate to play spoiler on this but what wouod happen if Jeffy or JJ got caught cheating again,JJ was caught a couple of years ago if memory serves right,does that make his team and Chad cheaters for life?I mean if a team gets caught cheating then so be it,the team pays the price.I do wonder though how many Nascar teams have been cuaght cheating in both levels.And show me a team that has yet to be cuaght in either Sprint level or Nationwide level.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for who you are not

The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GOOD NEWS - glad to hear it. Gibbs should be taking the blame here, not the drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jslone
    okay then,who does the dyno test after the races?Is it the driver or one of the crew?
    Nascar does the dyno I think. And BTW if the driver could feel the magnet there under the gas pedal he would know that he would not be going as fast as he should be going and he would get anyone fired if he knew who it was. The magnet was applied after the race and before the Nascar inspection I would guess. JGR got off easy on the penalties. I would have shut the whole team down for a minimun of 5 races and if it was a second penalty of the same type, permanent banning from the series.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members