Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 hour daytona

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The IRL fan
    the only thing i can say is, i cant wait for the 24 hours of daytona cuz im going next year!
    Lucky man. I went there three times and I loved the experience. How long are you going there?
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampUSfan
    Lucky man. I went there three times and I loved the experience. How long are you going there?
    i want to try and stay 2 weeks, now im just trying to find some ppl to come with me, it will be my first time there its going to be hard going to the track where we lost dale earnhardt, the last race i was at, was MIS and it rain, it seems like everytime i go to the track it rains , but if it does rain i can always jummp into the jet dryer and help dry the track,like i did at MIS

3 times WOW i hope you had a great time, its great to hear you loved the experience that sure helps someone like me who wasnt been, cuz sometimes i hear nothing but bad things about some tracks, like this one time i heard nothing but bad things about texas, and i went it was great, so the guy that told me texas was crap, i guess texas wasnt his kind of race track, but you seem like a smart fan so i take your word
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The IRL fan
    i want to try and stay 2 weeks, now im just trying to find some ppl to come with me, it will be my first time there its going to be hard going to the track where we lost dale earnhardt
    You know i guess you should think twice before going there. Once, I went to a race track where I lost a driver I liked and that was really harsh. I guess if you don't want to cry all days, think about it twice.
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampUSfan
    You know i guess you should think about going there twice. Once, I went to a race track where I lost a driver I liked and that was really harsh. I guess if you don't want to cry all days, think about it twice.
    it sholud be ok, i think i will just stay away from trun 4,its hard to belive that its been 7 years now, i will just try and not think about it when im there sholud be ok,
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="ChampUSfan"] Once, I went to a race track where I lost a driver I liked and that was really harshquote] realy sorry to hear that, i know how that feels i had that happen many times

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the information. I feel that open wheel cars are so different from other cars i have a hard time seeing the indy drivers in them. Where could i find a clip or pic of racers like danica, milka or scott?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When Castroneves, Briscoe, and Kurt Busch drove for Penske in this year's Rolex 24, Busch said it was funny listening to them saying the Daytona Prototype was heavy and that they should drive his stock car.

Really, with Dario Franchitti, Montoya, Dixon, Wheldon, Carpenter, Foyt, Meira, Allmendinger, Briscoe, Castroneves, Rice, Rahal, Wilson, Hunter-Reay, Vasser, Tracy, Danica, et al. all having driven in the Rolex 24 in recent years it's funny someone saying they have a hard time seeing OW drivers in the race. Mario was even talking about a multi-generational Andretti family entry at one time, although it didn't happen.

You can combine series and driver searches in the photo database if you edit the URLs by hand, although lots of them would just be of the car. Since Danica only got one race in before she was asked to not participate in the Rolex 24 any more there aren't too many photos of her in Grand-Am, but there are some of her actually in the car:
    http://www.motorsport.com/photos/sel...Danica_Patrick

You could replace the "Danica_Patrick" in that URL with any other driver's name, with the underscore between first and last names, to get everything in the database for another driver in Grand-Am if you want, although with Duno running several years in Grand-Am and Dixon driving several times for Ganassi you'll get pages and pages of pictures of the cars with only a few of the drivers.

Milka Duno on the top step of the podium for Grand-Am at Mont-Tremblant in '05 [it was a six-hour race and she had two co-drivers, Andy Wallace and Jan Lammers]:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the info. I'm new to racing so I don't know a lot of the history or the different kinds of racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll add that many of the regular pro drivers in sportscars have backgrounds in openwheel road-racing formula as well, from ladder and national series to F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well said mr danske. you are a true fan