Picked this off of an indycar.com message board

McDONALD’S DRIVER JUSTIN WILSON UNINJURED IN CRASH DURING TEST TODAY AT KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY

SPARTA, Kentucky (July 31, 2008) --- Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing driver Justin Wilson was uninjured during a crash at approx. 2:45 p.m. EDT today while participating in a one-day test at the 1.5-mile Kentucky Speedway from 2:00 to 10 p.m. It was the first test on an oval for the team since the pre-season test at Homestead-Miami Speedway March 24-25.

After completing an installation run and a subsequent pit stop to analyze the race car, Wilson returned to the track and was near the end of his first run when he lost control of the race car between Turns 1 and 2 and made contact with the Turn 2 wall. The car, a new chassis which made its racing debut in Watkins Glen where he started second, sustained an excessive amount of damage and is unlikely to be repaired in time for the IndyCar Series Meier Indy 300 race here on August 9. Wilson’s other McDonald’s race car is being driven by teammate Graham Rahal at this test while his No. 06 Hole in the Wall Camps race car is being repaired after being hit two separate times in Edmonton. Following are Wilson’s comments:

JUSTIN WILSON, driver of the No. 02 McDonald’s Dallara/Honda/Firestone: "I had run about eight or nine laps and was just up to speed and was in the middle of Turns 1 and 2 and suddenly I felt the car straightening out. It no longer went where I was steering. I’m not sure what broke but I had no steering and I was heading straight into the wall. Obviously I am disappointed because we didn’t even get any testing done and there is a lot of damage to my good race car that we had determined would be my road racing car. The plan was initially not to run it here or on the ovals in general and keep it as good as possible but Graham’s only car was damaged in Edmonton so he had to use my oval car at the test while his is being repaired. The new car was already proving to be faster and I was enjoying it but it didn’t last for long.”