Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Tyre compounds set to vary more in 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More manufactured increased excitement. Zzzzzzzzzz
    Won't you re-up for the greatest moral cause since Sodom and Gomorrah?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They should bring their full range to the circuit and let the teams decide on the compounds they want for the race.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I think this is a good idea. I don't mind the tyre rules as they stand but have always felt that there should be a greater difference between the two types.

I hate it when you get the drivers saying things like "there's little difference between the two" when talking about tyres on a GP weekend.

Hamilton, for example, seems to avoid the softer option as he seems to suffer from tyre degredation more than Kovalainen. Heidfeld has struggled with tyres all year.

With these rules we may see the drivers having to adapt to another variable and that may prove to be an entertaining thing indeed.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity
    They should bring their full range to the circuit and let the teams decide on the compounds they want for the race.
    Common sense indeed.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I think this is a good idea. I don't mind the tyre rules as they stand but have always felt that there should be a greater difference between the two types.

I hate it when you get the drivers saying things like "there's little difference between the two" when talking about tyres on a GP weekend.

Hamilton, for example, seems to avoid the softer option as he seems to suffer from tyre degredation more than Kovalainen. Heidfeld has struggled with tyres all year.

With these rules we may see the drivers having to adapt to another variable and that may prove to be an entertaining thing indeed.
    Very much agree.

You have to applaud Bridgestone for coming up with good tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity
    There's only 4 compounds to choose from and I don't think it would be worth it.

If you're talking about bringing multiple compounds to a GP much similar to tyre testing as in the tyre war days then that could be a logistical nightmare.

Plus I don't like the idea of bespoke compounds for different teams therefore optimising the car and detriment the racing.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Isn't it likely that the greater the differences between the tyre options the more likely the teams are to chose the same tyre, and so making little or no difference to the racing?

As we've seen in the past competition between tyre manuafacturers can make a real difference, but that's no longer an option
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Errrrr what happens next year with the Slicks - obviously they can't put a white line on them coz, well, it will come off! White walled tires - much like Champ Car had when we had "Reds" and "Blacks"?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i remember bridgestone saying it was too hard as a soft could be the the next races hard tyre, so surely something like

Super Soft Dark Blue
    Soft Light Blue
    Medium Light Green
    Hard Dark Green

All these would be destinguisable surely, or shall i get my coat
    Mystery strikes again!