Quote Originally Posted by futuretiger9
It is disappointing to see Honda look so unimpressive at this stage. It looks like they will again have to rely on improvements and developments later in the season in order to achieve any success. As you said, the people to feel sorry for are the drivers.
Yup. Actually I have never quite understood the hype around Honda as people seem always very optimistic about them before seasons. This year they have probably lost their "winter testing World Champion" title. : Anyway, Honda had a brilliant situation into the season with minimal changes. They had practically all the opportunities to make a breakthrough and I thought that this season should be "now or never" for Honda. I mean if they can't do it now in such a brilliant situation, then how can they do it in other situations? So, what is wrong? Why they can't do it?

I'm starting to believe that replacing David Richards with Nick Fry after 2004 was a mistake.
I'm starting to believe that sacking Geoff Willis last year was a mistake - the man, who was behind the great rise of BAR. When I heard about his contract with BAR at the end of 2002, I thought straightaway that BAR is gonna be a team on a rise. And it proved so.
And maybe even Valve Bounce has some truth in the words that the loss of Davidson might reflect Honda's performance. : Whatever Ant is as a racing driver, but he indeed is a top-class test driver.

If Button wants to become a champion one day, then he probably needs to change the team, although here comes another problem - he has practically nowhere to go, hasn't he? Teams with good outlooks (Fer, McL, Ren, BMW) all seem to be filled for next seasons and other teams are probably not attractive enough and are not a better exchange for Honda.