Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
Excellent post Beachbum.
If you are referring to my post regarding other drivers crashing in the pits note that I point out others have, but she is doing with some regularity. I have been around this sport for over 50 years and I have never seen anyone have anywhere near as many incidents (or f ups) in or around the pits like Danica has.
Oh yes, I also crewed for a very good woman racer for several years during my 20 odd years as a race mechanic.
IHMO, her lack of restraint and poor judgment is illustrated not only in the pit incidents, but such events as her nearly collecting a safety vehicle at Kentucky last year. Add in her overall attitude and I find myself agreeing with Dixon.

Harsh self-evaluation is a hallmark of a champion. I just don't see that in her. There is always some external reason for her "issues" - almost never her fault. If you have been around the sport for that long, you know racing is a serious, dangerous business and poor judgment and lack of self-control often lead to very bad consequences. In some ways, she has been extremely lucky, but that may not last forever.