Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes, Stoner's times were slower during the race.. that's not weird when his fuel tank was completely full

When Ducati would send him out with long runs, on a heavy loaded fuel tank his times would not be that amazing..
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Stoner's times were slower than what he had comfortably been doing in practice where he had been comfortably fastest. Pedrosa was nowhere near fastest in practice and was suddenly multiple seconds faster per lap than everyone at Sachsenring. That was the difference.
    Not to say that Stoner didn't push too hard too early though.
    Valid point, I looked at the lap analysis and Stoner was in-fact in the 1'34s for 2 laps in a row a few times and he was able to put 4 laps in a row in the 1'34s once.

IMHO Stoner was wrong to try to get in the 1'34s at that point of the race, he should have kept on doing low 1'35s like he could easily do. If Rossi was able to put 5-10 fast laps together to bring the cap down a lot and if Rossi still had tyres after that then Stoner could react
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    IMHO Stoner was wrong to try to get in the 1'34s at that point of the race, he should have kept on doing low 1'35s like he could easily do. If Rossi was able to put 5-10 fast laps together to bring the cap down a lot and if Rossi still had tyres after that then Stoner could react
    That's what I think too, as I put in my response to X-ecutioner. But his age lets him down and he can't yet see that he can win by going slower.

Another problem is that his bike is not the same bike when it is ridden to any less than its full potential. Catch-22.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    The question "just how good is Stoner" the answer Rossi is just in another class. He was brilliant at the USGP, he won on a slower bike, the old fashioned way, he earned it wioth sheer brilliand and guts. Probably the best ride in many years. Did not think anybody could beat Dani this year, Rossi can, if he rides that. So we should stop comparing Stoner to Vali, as he and Dani will never be that good.
    I agree, he was out of this world at Laguna one of the best races ever for me. mokin:

Originally Posted by ChrisS

You sum it up quite well, but i still think he lacks alot of maturity, he only knows one way and that is flat out he is falling off like he did on his honda in his early Moto GP days , and as it has been said previously he had a full tank of fuel. mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    That's what I think too, as I put in my response to X-ecutioner. But his age lets him down and he can't yet see that he can win by going slower.

Another problem is that his bike is not the same bike when it is ridden to any less than its full potential. Catch-22.
    Yes, interesting isn't it Phantom? Even after having won one championship, this year is where he would get mature, hone his skills, cut his teeth, *insert more*. Knowing when to push and when not to.

I will always be a fan of his absolute flat out brilliance, but he is still a bit far away off the league of Rossi, and I don't think he can pull off what Rossi did in Laguna yet. I'm sure this year would be one of the learning years for the young champion to give him that overall edge over his rivals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think he has a lot to learn, he has to finish more races and learn to control races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apparently Wayne Gardner had a few words to Stoner - basically suggesting that he forget race wins for the rest of the year but instead just go out and bang elbows with Rossi, learn how he races. Sounds like good advice to me.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Apparently Wayne Gardner had a few words to Stoner - basically suggesting that he forget race wins for the rest of the year but instead just go out and bang elbows with Rossi, learn how he races. Sounds like good advice to me.
    Doubt he'll want to do it though because we all know that Vale can out race him easily and make him scared (see Laguna for info )
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Stoner is there to race which is basically to respond any pressure mutually to produce as much as wins in every race. That advice sounds wise, deserves of respect to think of riders because of its power then they have more control over the game,

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Casey Stoner will never win another title!
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect