Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: War !!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Much of the US involvement in 'proxy wars' against Communism during the Cold War was disastrous, with little or no long-term outlook leading to major problems in the future.
    Really?

I'll be sure to let the people of South Korea, Thailand, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Bolivia know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The sign up sheet is on the right.

maybe your stocks will save you from the rising price of oil.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SOD
    The sign up sheet is on the right.

maybe your stocks will save you from the rising price of oil.
    HUH?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    War, huh, yeah
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing
    Uh-huh
    War, huh, yeah
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing
    Say it again, y'all
    I was thinking of Barry Mcguire's 'Eve of destruction' myself.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop

I'll be sure to let the people of South Korea, Thailand, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Bolivia know.
    How many of those started a war? Finland had wars in the 1900s. A civil war in 1918, two wars against the Soviet Union in 1939 to 1944 and a war against Germany in 1944 to 1945. In hindsight, I think we would have been better off without any of them.

The last one who started a war against the US was Japan in 1941, I think. Yet the US has started many wars after that.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    How many of those started a war? Finland had wars in the 1900s. A civil war in 1918, two wars against the Soviet Union in 1939 to 1944 and a war against Germany in 1944 to 1945. In hindsight, I think we would have been better off without any of them.

The last one who started a war against the US was Japan in 1941, I think. Yet the US has started many wars after that.
    The US has only started one war. That was our war of Independence.

We are good at finishing them tough.

Eki,
    Just because your people are not good at judging who to pick a fight with doesn't mean I have a shoulder for you to cry on.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

really?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rah,

You are smarter than that. Right War didn't stop the Nazi's and their Genocide? War didn't stop the North Koreans and China from making South Korean their version of a worker's paradise.
    War, or the threat of it has freed more people, given countries more independence and ended oppression than all the world's negotiations combined.
    Lol Sometimes I doubt it.
    War did stop the nazi's and their genocide, but that is not why the allied forces were fighting Germany. I think it was probably that whole thing about taking over Europe and northern Africa that did it.

Didn't do much for the North Koreans. Didn't stop the North Vietnamese either.

The threat of war does not end oppression. It is just another type of oppression.

Is war stopping genocide or oppression in Africa today? Hasn't worked too well in Afghanistan or Iraq either.

Don't get me wrong, war is sometimes necessary, but don't glorify the deaths of so many people and say it frees the world.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eki,
    Just because your people are not good at judging who to pick a fight with doesn't mean I have a shoulder for you to cry on.
    I don't really think that Finland was picking fights with Germany or Russia. And they did pretty well from memory.

Lol:
    1950-1953 Korean War: you have'nt even finished this one.
    1954-1975 Vietnam War: How did that one go again? Did not go well for Cambodia either.
    1961 Bay of Pigs Invasion: Not so well
    1983 Invasion of Grenada: you finished that one but it was still not a good idea.
    1989-1990 Invasion of Panama: Did suprisingly well with this one, but obviously did not learn very much from the aftermath.
    1990-1991 Gulf War: Not bad, but what effect did it have on the current situation.
    2001-Present United States war in Afghanistan: not going well at all.
    2003-present Iraq War: Same.