Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EJ Viso: Gettin' some national press !!!

HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a chance to talk to this kid in Indy. You could see the fire he has in his eyes when he talks about racing. Something in my gut tells me he will become one of the future series leaders like Kanaan and Helio did.

Think back several years. Who brought Helio to the track. The same team (under a different name) with many of the same team members.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    "Danica, she's never happy, so I don't care," Viso says.

I just love that!
    I work for profit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Viso has been the biggest surprise in my eyes so far this IndyCar season.

It seems like he's the only driver outside of the big three who is equally strong on both road courses and ovals, with an underfunded team nonetheless. His performance at Texas, charging from 28th to the top ten, although he got screwed on pit stops, was the most impressive performance of all. And don't forget, he led quite a few laps at St. Pete as well.

If the team can just get the pitstops straightened out, I think he'll be a threat for an upset victory this season! What a great story that would be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't forget his engineer is a certain Michael Cannon who propelled AJ Allmendinger and Robert Doornbos to victory lane a couple of times. See you there soon, EJ.

On a side note: shouldn't Keith Wiggins rename his team to Bettenhausen Motorsports? HVM doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Interesting how USAToday never mentions who is sponsoring him!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    On a side note: shouldn't Keith Wiggins rename his team to Bettenhausen Motorsports? HVM doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.
    Rumors at Long Beach, yes I said rumors, no links, sorry: related to an old contact & supporter within Herdez that may still be a silent partner to Keith. The HVM has something to do with that and is abbreviation for (last 2 letters) Viva Mexico. That's the way rumors go, just pieces of information. File this in the "for what it is worth" category.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Keeping with the tradition of changing names a dime a dozen, eh? Since 2000 and the fatal Bettenhausen plane crash, it has had five different names, Bettenhausen, Herdez Competition, HVM, CTE-HVM and Minardi Team USA. Has not had the same name in consecutive seasons since 2003 and '04.

It returned to HVM this year and just relaunched a new website under the HVM-racing.com moniker. So that might stick for a while.

Only surprise to me at least was Wiggins never changing back to Pacific Racing which was his European F3000 and F1 squad's name.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Interesting how USAToday never mentions who is sponsoring him!
    Anthony, I saw the same thing too. I also saw the mocking article by AR1 which I subscribe to and usually like. Seems to me at least that political leanings have made their way into the racing scene whether it is ABC, newspaper articles or internet musings.
    God forbid that the dreaded Venezuelan owned Citgo or it's parent company ever get a screen shot. The whole governmen will collapse as a result. This petty and presumptive attitude permeates all ares of life in this country and now it is prevelent in opinion on racing and telecast.
    If Citgo were Texaco do you think we would have more shots of the car irrespective of track position? Do you think if Viso were Patrick would we see the way he was progressing through the field if not for his PDVSA sponsor? Boy, Motorola would have even more exposure than they already have with their mediocre driver. "The car is too loose" at every track Danica. That is the reason you have pratice. Get the setup right.

Viso is good and the series if it wants to survive should give some exposure to the backmarkers who have attained sponsorship irrespective of whom they are and give exposure to the little team that could with the likes of HVM.
    Derek Daly is da man!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluaistean
    Anthony, I saw the same thing too. I also saw the mocking article by AR1 which I subscribe to and usually like. Seems to me at least that political leanings have made their way into the racing scene whether it is ABC, newspaper articles or internet musings.
    God forbid that the dreaded Venezuelan owned Citgo or it's parent company ever get a screen shot. The whole governmen will collapse as a result. This petty and presumptive attitude permeates all ares of life in this country and now it is prevelent in opinion on racing and telecast.
    If Citgo were Texaco do you think we would have more shots of the car irrespective of track position? Do you think if Viso were Patrick would we see the way he was progressing through the field if not for his PDVSA sponsor? Boy, Motorola would have even more exposure than they already have with their mediocre driver. "The car is too loose" at every track Danica. That is the reason you have pratice. Get the setup right.

Viso is good and the series if it wants to survive should give some exposure to the backmarkers who have attained sponsorship irrespective of whom they are and give exposure to the little team that could with the likes of HVM.
    Racing is very important to me. I am involved in it not only as a fan but as a business as well.

But.

There are more important things than racing. Politics is one of them. TV will have no problem showing Ernesto's car because 99% of the Viewers have no clue who his sponser is.
    They had no problem showing Milka's.