Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pilot rumours

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Roger Penske was quoted in the (admittedly Australian) press that he is running the same drivers again next year.

The Tracy thing has been around since before the season started, why would it be any more real now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abel Karaj
    Romain Dumas will test Team Penske's Dallara at Mid Ohio next week.

Romain was faster than Briscoe's when they were team-mates in the ALMS in 2007. He was also much more reliable.

This is just a single test, but I hope Romain can get his way back to open-wheel racing.
    Interesting, Briscoe needs another year I feel but you never know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-nascar2-2008jul02,0,4472773.story

Is Dario Franchitti back in open wheel next year now that his team has beem shut down by the Chipster ??? What are his contract stipulations if this sort of thing happens ?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printe...,4472773.story
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The more I think about it, I am not sure that guys like Dario or PT have a spot in the new series - they are both at the end of their careers and are only "household names" to a very small subset of society...... Better to invest in new drivers and names than old ones....

that being said - I'd love to see both in the series - just not sure it is the best thing for the series to have them in instead of a "young gun"....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    Roger Penske was quoted in the (admittedly Australian) press that he is running the same drivers again next year.

The Tracy thing has been around since before the season started, why would it be any more real now?
    I trust Roger about as far as I can throw him. If neither driver wins a race the rest of the year I see him dropping one of both if a driver like Rahal is willing to join the team.

As for the Tracy thing they was a rumor that he was going to get a ride for Indy that didn't work out but Walker had gotten some money. The reason he wasn't going to run the whole year was that reason. Only running four races I could see them finding the money for those races espically if TG is helping the startup since he wants Edmonton to go well. Plus not sure when Monsters fiscal year is up but they were interested in sponsoring him but didn't have the budget for him in "this years" budget and if the fiscal year ends soon they could sponsor him for the end of this year and next.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting debate on many great topics.
    :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to an IndyStar article, both Briscoe and Helio will be back with Penske next year, as well as Dixon and Wheldon at Ganassi. Kanaan has said that he has no intentions of leaving AGR.

As for Patrick, who cares? I hope she ends up in F1 and gets her doors blown off.