Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pilot rumours

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pilot rumours

Paul Tracy to a Vision / Walker Racing team for the last four races.
    Penske to fire both drivers...hire Rahal.
    Danica seriously hacked off with AGR.
    Montagny in in 09.
    Kanaan out of contract year end and also had enough of the team being run around Marco. Penske or third car at Ganassi in 09.
    Panther to run second car for Battistini.
    KV need their drivers under tight contract as do NHL for JW ( usually brings it home and wait for the road courses )

Forsythe thinking about 09.

All good fun and it will be interesting if any of the above pans out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    going to be an interesting off season.

Danica seems hacked off with every team she runs for. That was her reason for leaving rahal. Does she seriously think she'll get a better ride than the one shes in? I can't see penske or ganassi hiring her. So its andretti or a lower team for this over-rated driver.

Would like to see montagny in. he and perera are two seriously good drivers.

all serious rumours suggest Forsythe in ALMS from RA this year. I can't see him coing to the IRL, but I coudl be wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    going to be an interesting off season.

Danica seems hacked off with every team she runs for. That was her reason for leaving rahal. Does she seriously think she'll get a better ride than the one shes in? I can't see penske or ganassi hiring her. So its andretti or a lower team for this over-rated driver.

Would like to see montagny in. he and perera are two seriously good drivers.

all serious rumours suggest Forsythe in ALMS from RA this year. I can't see him coing to the IRL, but I coudl be wrong.
    Danica over rated ??? She's 5th in points in a 26 car field ferchrysake !!! What will it take for people to see she is a good driver ? I don't think you Danica haters will ever give her her due credit until she wins every freakin' race she is in.

Hard concrete numbers don't lie.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    tell that to penske..... Helio might not have won this year but he is second in points and has consistantly finished nearly every race (8 top 5 finishes this season, 4 of which were 2nd place) yet rumours suggest penske wants a driver change.

danica is where she is in points from regularly finishing races when others have dropped out. yet she only has one top 5 finish this season... motegi. She has a one off victory and regularly runs just mid pack. She is in one of the top 3 teams in the league. When she is consistanly in the top 5 and winning regularly I'll give her more credit. Her IRL career so far... 56 starts just 9 top 5 finishes. (helio has 8 already THIS season!)

So you are correct, the numebrs do not lie. She isn't as good as some people like to make out!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    Danica over rated ??? She's 5th in points in a 26 car field ferchrysake !!! What will it take for people to see she is a good driver ? I don't think you Danica haters will ever give her her due credit until she wins every freakin' race she is in.

"Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully considered what they do not say". - William W. Watt

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Danica is a decent driver in a great ride - she is really not good enough to shop for a better ride - but then again not too many drivers in great cars are good enough to shop for a BETTER ride....

I think the rumor of Penske potentially dumping his two drivers is more interesting - does anybody have an opinion as to whether or not this is true or just silly season stuff?? If true, TK and GR would probably be a good pair at Penske... Where might Helio end up??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was the rumor of Penske dropping a driver or drivers? I thought it was singular.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got $50 says penske runs Helio and briscoe again next year?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could see penske dropping briscoe for rahal but not helio. Helio is far too consistent over this and previous years. Dad rahal may be brokering a deal to get the son in a seasoned team car with all the aero trick pieces needed on big ovals.

One possibility I don't see listed is "Who will go after Viso?" Can you imagine what that guy could do in a well prepared car?