Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watkins Glen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watkins Glen

I was hoping to go this year, but other plans got in the way. Anyone here going? Definitely am going to make the trip next year.

Still looking forward to watching it on ABC, this has to be considered the most competitive race yet this season. The CC teams finally have a feel of the dallara honda, and the points leaders are also the best IRLers on road courses. I can come up with at least 8 that have a legit shot at outright winning:

Dixon
    Castroneves
    Kanaan
    Andretti
    Rahal
    Servia
    Power
    Wilson

And another 7 that have a reasonable shot at top 5:

Bernoldi
    Viso
    Patrick
    Mutoh
    Briscoe
    Manning
    Rice
    Howard
    Hunter-Reay

With over half of the races left on road and street, this weekend should give a good indication of how the rest of the season will play out. I wouldn't be surprised to see very aggressive driving and some of that taken off the track.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not a bad list. Wouldn't be surprised to see Junqueira with a shot at the top 5 as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm with you

This is the race I have been waiting for... We can really get a look at the talent for the rest of the season...

Cant wait

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    ..........Anyone here going? .........
    Heading up on Thursday around noon time and will be camping there for the weekend. I attend all the events (except WWNASCAR) every year and always camp for the weekends - camping is a big part of the weekend even though it always rains at some point over the three day time-frame. This will be my 3rd time in the last month there and I'm as excited about going as I was the first weekend of the year there. I've been going up there for over 40 years now and always look forward to it. Seeing as I live ~20 miles from the track, I can afford the gas to get there!

I agree with everyone here, I think it will be a very competitive race, but I think one of the "big three" drivers will win again. My guess? How can you go against Dixon?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm thinking of going to the Glen, been to Long Beach many times, the best walking/viewing area end of the straight into turn one?, or where does the action usually happen?
    There is no substitute...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Man, I'd love to see a race at the Glen.

I look for one of the big CC-3 to win: Power, Rahal, Wilson. I have a feeling Will is gonna turn some heads this week.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When is the race, Sat. or Sunday? Is the IRL going to race mostly Saturdays from now on?
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The race is Sunday at 3. Also for viewing into turn one is ok but you have to get grandstand seats to get a real good view. Going into the bus stop is good too. Last time I went (I forget what year it was the one with the rain where Cheaver hit Marco late in the race) I watched from Laces and saw many passes. My suggestion is to go to many places during different practices and see where you like best yourself.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The top of the hill by the esses is pretty good. I used to try and get (sneak) into the old paddock club bldg. and watch from the roof the odd time I was a spectator. Long gone. 90% of the times I was there I was in the pits crewing.
    Watched one GP from the control tower as a guest when I was involved with running the Cdn. GP

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I wonder what will happen if the race is wet...
    Formula 1