Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    Based in the last couple of years it seems to me that McLaren's way in projecting their car is..well...STUPID!!
    Let me explain. It looks like they are very strong in what we/they call the slow tracks (Monaco, Montreal, Budapest(?). In the faster tracks, McLaren seems instead to suffer (Barcelona, Magny Cours, Silverstone, etc..). Since there more fast tracks than slow ones, we all know what the result would be.
    What I wonder is simply: why McLaren does that? What are their hopes to win a world championship when they design a car that's supposed to win just a couple of races? Hoping that the Ferraris break down? Trying to win through some "funny business"?. I have no clue.
    Im y opinion, it's time for McLaren to start over, like Ferrari did. New management (Ron goes). New engineers. New ethics. And last but not least a car that does super well on both slow and fast tracks. And who knows?, better drivers.
    Because of the 2009 technical regs.

For most teams this year's chassis are an evolution of last years.

Not to mention the FIA are scrutinising the McLarens aren't as close in likeness to the Ferraris.

And its not as if Ferrari have the perfect package either. They could do with a more consistant top driver who doesn't make a habit of making rookie errors and someone on pit wall who can call strategies double quick time.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Based in the last couple of years it seems to me that McLaren's way in projecting their car is..well...STUPID!!
    Let me explain. It looks like they are very strong in what we/they call the slow tracks (Monaco, Montreal, Budapest(?). In the faster tracks, McLaren seems instead to suffer (Barcelona, Magny Cours, Silverstone, etc..). Since there more fast tracks than slow ones, we all know what the result would be.
    What I wonder is simply: why McLaren does that? What are their hopes to win a world championship when they design a car that's supposed to win just a couple of races? Hoping that the Ferraris break down? Trying to win through some "funny business"?. I have no clue.
    Im y opinion, it's time for McLaren to start over, like Ferrari did. New management (Ron goes). New engineers. New ethics. And last but not least a car that does super well on both slow and fast tracks. And who knows?, better drivers.
    Well when you put it like that, the stupidity of McLaren becomes abundantly clear.
    It turns out all they had to do was make a faster car, I really don't know why they didn't think of that.
    I really think you may be onto something mstillhere, lets just hope Force India don't find out about this tactic.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Considering the McLaren was a match for the Ferrari at Turkey, I dont think they have much trouble with fast tracks.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Considering the McLaren was a match for the Ferrari at Turkey, I dont think they have much trouble with fast tracks.
    I agree!
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Not having MUCH trouble is already a reason why not to win. I am not saying that McLaren is a slow car. I am saying that it is slower. And being slower (not slow) does not get you to win a world championship. Again, it is a matter of design, of the racing phylosophy around the project, of the choices made by the team. In other words a project that wants this car to excell in certain tracks (the slower ones) and to suffer in the faster ones. As far as the new regulations go, it only benifitted McLAren. We all know where McLaren was before they imposed the new regulations, slowing and even stopping all developments (of Ferrari )to help the poorer teams. But that's an other story.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Not having MUCH trouble is already a reason why not to win. I am not saying that McLaren is a slow car. I am saying that it is slower. And being slower (not slow) does not get you to win a world championship. Again, it is a matter of design, of the racing phylosophy around the project, of the choices made by the team. In other words a project that wants this car to excell in certain tracks (the slower ones) and to suffer in the faster ones. As far as the new regulations go, it only benifitted McLAren. We all know where McLaren was before they imposed the new regulations, slowing and even stopping all developments (of Ferrari )to help the poorer teams. But that's an other story.
    Somebody stopped the Ferrari e-mails, I bet!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Somebody stopped the Ferrari e-mails, I bet!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    After the bog fine, the are doing OK.
    Formula 1

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I'd say that McLaren are doing what they believe is in their best interest to win both championships!
    IMHO they are game, and to suggest they are not leading either championship
    through lack of the right kind of effort is extremely presumptuous!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    On the face of things, your post makes sense. However, a closer look would suggest that you have your facts a little off. Silverstone has always been a fast track, last year at Monza, McLaren had a 1/2. If you look a little coser, you will see that they have posted fastest laps or near to them on almost all the tracks. The fact is that it is not the car, it is the drivers and McLaren is sadly lacking is any quality in the cockpit!
    Are you serious?

First you say how fast the drivers have been, as they have posted fastest or close to it laps at every circuit.

And then you say the drivers are slow!

What do the drivers do then, if they're not making these fastest laps?