Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRL Prize money

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hmmm, It doesn't seem like a good way to encourage outsiders to come in and take a chance to pay nothing. I mean I know purses in no way come close to covering expenses, but it's still nice to have something extra for showing up and racing.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    Hmmm, It doesn't seem like a good way to encourage outsiders to come in and take a chance to pay nothing. I mean I know purses in no way come close to covering expenses, but it's still nice to have something extra for showing up and racing.
    That is the way it was for years in CART and in the CCWS. Thing is I do not like it but they need more money to make it work.

Do you know where the $1,200,000 comes from? Not sponsors, not promoters, not suppliers so where?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Isn't it just the prize money that would be paid except flattened so it's the same for all?

All series are doing this now. For example, In 1998 Jeff Gordon won $637,000 of a $4.9 million purse for the Brickyard 400. When he won again in 2001, He only won $428,000 of a $5.8 million purse. Nascar flattened the purses, certainly not to the sameness of the TEAM program, but flattened none-the-less.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    I see Dan Wheldon won US$35,000 for first place at Iowa, Dixon US$15,000 for fourth and US$10,000 for pole. I think prize money goes to 5th place only. The Indy 500 is different I realise however how does the prize money work this season. I think each car gets US$1.2m per season on top. A full explanation would be much appreciated.
    And they donated the whole $60,000 to aid the victims of the Iowa Flooding. Fantastic humanitarian act .... Thanks Guys