Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Marty

Has three prior to race withdrawals, two for accidents, and has only finished one of his five starts this year (seven laps down in 22nd last time out). And then he has, by all account, thrown Jay Howard under the bus after signing him to a season-long contract and dumping him before Indy.

In due time, Marty should be a good owner once he gets out of the cockpit but how he gets away with leaving Howard out of a seat while keeping his own butt in one is beyond me. Yeah, it's his money, but he needs to let the good of his team and a talented young driver outweigh his own ego.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fugariracing
    Has three prior to race withdrawals, two for accidents, and has only finished one of his five starts this year (seven laps down in 22nd last time out). And then he has, by all account, thrown Jay Howard under the bus after signing him to a season-long contract and dumping him before Indy.

In due time, Marty should be a good owner once he gets out of the cockpit but how he gets away with leaving Howard out of a seat while keeping his own butt in one is beyond me. Yeah, it's his money, but he needs to let the good of his team and a talented young driver outweigh his own ego.
    I think you'd get near unanimous agreement on this from the members of this board.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm suprised that Jay Howard is still not in the car. Maybe there is more going on than is being let on...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You would think, given Jay's good showing at St. Pete, that he would stick him in the 25 and keep Andretti in the 24, because Andretti seems to be driving well on the ovals lately.

Then you would have a good road racer and a good oval racer on your team, instead of an owner who is only good at stuffing it in the wall.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's particularly tough as a Canadian fan of open wheel. Since the desperate days of Hiemrath and Villeneuve (Gilles bro.) to the glory years of PT, JV and GM I can't even bring myself to cheer for this guy even if he was running. All I know is he ran bikes when he was younger and sells realestate.

Whatever operation he's got going now looks sick. Some sort of TG welfare, deal with the devil, numbers game, we'll do the unthinkable -- which includes sticking the totally undeserving John Andretti back in an Indy car... whatever our sponsor... or whomever... wants. Looks to have as much talent behind the desk as he does behind the wheel. He probably won't be around much longer as a driver or team owner. IMO of course.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can someone please explain why Roth was listed on the "ticker" at the top of the screen with DNS, but Bruno J wasn't?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles
    Whatever operation he's got going now looks sick. Some sort of TG welfare, deal with the devil, numbers game, we'll do the unthinkable -- which includes sticking the totally undeserving John Andretti back in an Indy car...

and what exactly males John Andretti 'totally undeserving,' especially since he is making this Roth's operation look semi-respectable right now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why doesn't TG, who I believe is partially funding this endeavor tell Marty to stop driving, and put Paul Tracy in the car. Hell, that team is somewhat respectable right now. Paul might even go for it.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Why doesn't TG, who I believe is partially funding this endeavor tell Marty to stop driving, and put Paul Tracy in the car. Hell, that team is somewhat respectable right now. Paul might even go for it.
    Why everybody has an obsession about Tracy?? Personally I don't miss him that much...I guess I was happier to see him not having a ride, he's way too crazy to race in this series.

I also disagree about what you think of Marty. I met him at the Milwaukee Mile, he's really nice. He has a passion for this sport and I am proud to cheer for him, despite the fact he has some DNS.

What do you think ? having some very nice drivers (with the fans -- I enjoyed a lot the time I had with Marty) and they do what they can on a race track? Or having some great drivers with a bad personality, not being nice with you when you meet them for a photo or autograph (I mean Danica) ? Personally I prefer having some great personality out there.
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coogmaster
    and what exactly males John Andretti 'totally undeserving,' especially since he is making this Roth's operation look semi-respectable right now?
    I totally agree. John is a great driver. I hope he will consider a full-time ride next year, whether he races for Roth or another team.
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."