Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    OMG you stated an opinion as your own opinion and not as a fact. Good for you. Just do it every other time you post now and people will think higher of you.
    Is it or is it not and exhibition race this year? Does the ABC deal run through 2009? If so then either it is moved to early in the year or it is a exhibition.

No opinion, just the facts. Contracts are strong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    So the IRL is a member organization of ACCUS with is the United States member of the FIA and the Indianapolis 500 is one of the few U.S. races that is a full FIA race.
    So that relates to Surfer's how? Seriously, why ask who sanctions Surfer's if you're just going to bring it back to this. The two things are in no way related.

Again your words not mine. Read your words thus it make sense.
    How does what I wrote make your horrible grammar make sense?

The whole world is watching but most the world is in survival mode so 4,000,000 in England may represent a 1/3 of what is watching.
    Again, fail to see what this has to do with Surfer's

So how many are watching in China since they have a 7 day work week and the race is on Monday?
    Nope, nothing to do with moving Surfer's here

Bernie runs the deal and gets good money. What I think is interesting is the German Company that had the World rights, went broke because of this deal.
    Again, nothing related to the topic.

And 40 teams in Cup are getting more money and exposure for their sponsors than 22 cars in F-1. Those 40 are getting close to $700,000,000
    Nothing on topic here.

What you do is you take a subject so far afield to someplace you ether know well or can make up figures to avoid talking about initial thread. Its called hijacking and trolling.
    Don't bother, I found your own words. Enjoy.
    It just rubs you raw that I was actually there and did it. You admit to getting tossed of the garage when you were a kid, but the idea that a crewmember might actually sneak his relatives for an experience is completey unthinkable.

Sorry, I was there. I know what I did. Don't know why that chaps your rear so much. And why you have to bring it up. I'm not going to take crap from guy who allegedly was a "Big time promoter" yet writes like a six year old text messaging and refuses to provide any specifics about their promoting background.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So that relates to Surfer's how? Seriously, why ask who sanctions Surfer's if you're just going to bring it back to this. The two things are in no way related.
    The point of the thread was a link to an article that the F-1 race is going away. This frees up Surfer's.

How does what I wrote make your horrible grammar make sense?
    Your words, not mine.

Again, fail to see what this has to do with Surfer's
    It has to do with F-1 and stuff you said. This thread is about a date going off the schedule after 2010.

Nope, nothing to do with moving Surfer's here
    It has to do with F-1 and stuff you said. This thread is about a date going off the schedule after 2010.

Again, nothing related to the topic.

Nothing on topic here.

What you do is you take a subject so far afield to someplace you ether know well or can make up figures to avoid talking about initial thread. Its called hijacking and trolling.

It just rubs you raw that I was actually there and did it. You admit to getting tossed of the garage when you were a kid, but the idea that a crewmember might actually sneak his relatives for an experience is completey unthinkable.
    Yes but your words tell me a lot. AGE 21. "Hey kid are you 19?" Yup! "Get out you have to be 21". That is what happen, I never made it in. 1970.

Sorry, I was there. I know what I did. Don't know why that chaps your rear so much. And why you have to bring it up. I'm not going to take crap from guy who allegedly was a "Big time promoter" yet writes like a six year old text messaging and refuses to provide any specifics about their promoting background.
    Oh yes, but I can spell Phoenix. You in a post asked about your own creditablity because I am ignoring you. I showed you three posts of yours that the story changed each time. Find three of my posts where I changed the story three times to cover myself. I am going back to ignoring you as I have in other places.

Back on Topic: It is too bad that F-1 is leaving Australia but with the amount of money paid out annually to Bernie it is going to fall to the oil rich countries. This is a lesson about making things to expensive without a way to getting the numbers back to something reasonable.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes but your words tell me a lot. AGE 21. "Hey kid are you 19?" Yup! "Get out you have to be 21". That is what happen, I never made it in. 1970.

Oh, you're unhappy that you got caught and I didn't. I gotcha.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/445260

Since this the topic.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The whole world is watching but most the world is in survival mode so 4,000,000 in England may represent a 1/3 of what is watching.
    Perhaps you're an expert in American Racing History, but you don't seem to know to much about forumula 1.
    Okay, 4 million viewers in England, we also 6 to 7 million viewers every race in germany. Then italy might have same ratings as england because of Ferrari,
    Spain because of Alonso, Finnland with Raikkönen and you can expect also a lot of polish people because of Kubica.
    So there is france with Renault. F1 is also very popular in South America, expecially in brazil.
    And in Japan there are also a lot of f1 fans.
    So I thin that would make a lot more than 12,000,000 watching formula one races...
    In fact after soccer world cup and olympic games, f1 is the most popular sport in the world and its sucess doesn't depend on a United States Grand Prix!
    It's well known that some US-americans think, everything in the wolrd is about the United States, but that's not the case...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Perhaps you're an expert in American Racing History, but you don't seem to know to much about forumula 1.
    Okay, 4 million viewers in England, we also 6 to 7 million viewers every race in germany. Then italy might have same ratings as england because of Ferrari,
    Spain because of Alonso, Finnland with Raikkönen and you can expect also a lot of polish people because of Kubica.
    So there is france with Renault. F1 is also very popular in South America, expecially in brazil.
    And in Japan there are also a lot of f1 fans.
    So I thin that would make a lot more than 12,000,000 watching formula one races...
    In fact after soccer world cup and olympic games, f1 is the most popular sport in the world and its sucess doesn't depend on a United States Grand Prix!
    It's well known that some US-americans think, everything in the wolrd is about the United States, but that's not the case...
    Well then Bernie wanted it and according to rumors put out by Varsha and Hobbs the U.S.G.P. will be on the schedule for 2009 and at Indianapolis.

Again if your numbers are true then why did the company that owned the rights to F-1 go broke? A German company at that.

TV ratings at best are a guess. If you watch a race and you are not tied in then you do not count.

In the U.S. the average home as over three TVs so this is the market that needs to be reached not Chad. See places like Chad are part of the worldwide audience.
    There are more places and people struggling to survive than watch F-1.

It is Bernie's little "song and dance" because it is now his TV and nobody else will take it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would not be surprised if there was 12-14 mill viewers worldwide for every F1 race. There's no regulation of the ratings outside of Nielsen markets so I would not put any confidence in "official" numbers. That said, its still a few million more than NASCAR and a heck of a lot more than IndyCar, so as a series F1 is doing fine as far as viewership. Don't forget that many of these markets have no choice but to watch F1 or soccer, unlike more industrialized countries where you have anywhere from 100-500 channels to choose from. That's why you'll find the US has a much wider variety of sports fanbases and (potentially) discriminating taste. If all you've got on the tube growing up is soccer and european road-racing, then that's probably all you'll be a fan of.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well then Bernie wanted it and according to rumors put out by Varsha and Hobbs the U.S.G.P. will be on the schedule for 2009 and at Indianapolis.

Again if your numbers are true then why did the company that owned the rights to F-1 go broke? A German company at that.

TV ratings at best are a guess. If you watch a race and you are not tied in then you do not count.

In the U.S. the average home as over three TVs so this is the market that needs to be reached not Chad. See places like Chad are part of the worldwide audience.
    There are more places and people struggling to survive than watch F-1.

It is Bernie's little "song and dance" because it is now his TV and nobody else will take it.
    If you really want to compare europe with the chad, that tells a lot about you...
    Here in Germany we have 5 to 6 million watchers in a a normal f1 race. And when they race in brazil or canada and the races are shown in rpime time, there usually are 10 million viewers. And that's Germany alone. And we don't even have a race winner in the formula one grid of 2008.
    How much audiance do you think, f1 can gt in the US if you're optimistic? 1 Million, 2 Millions? And now compare it with the European Union. There alone we have more than halb a billion inhabitants. And f1 here is by far the most watched form of racing, and as a single discipline number two behind soccer!

So you know how important is North America compared to Europe. Formula ne will never be succuseful in the US with one or two races in North America, mostly road races and a lot of european and south american drivers. So if you add verything together, it's nice to have a us race, but if not, it isn't that big problem, beause nobody in the US will watch it. The only advantage ist, we can watch it here in europe in prime time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    I would not be surprised if there was 12-14 mill viewers worldwide for every F1 race. There's no regulation of the ratings outside of Nielsen markets so I would not put any confidence in "official" numbers. That said, its still a few million more than NASCAR and a heck of a lot more than IndyCar, so as a series F1 is doing fine as far as viewership. Don't forget that many of these markets have no choice but to watch F1 or soccer, unlike more industrialized countries where you have anywhere from 100-500 channels to choose from. That's why you'll find the US has a much wider variety of sports fanbases and (potentially) discriminating taste. If all you've got on the tube growing up is soccer and european road-racing, then that's probably all you'll be a fan of.
    Every European country has its method measuring tv ratings, here in germany it's the "GfK". And we have a lot opportuneties of watching sports and motorsports. if you take motorsports there are the motorcycling world championship and the WTCC, both you can watch europe wide at "eurosport" (a pan-euopean-sports-channel) for free. They also show the rallye-world-championship and the LeMans Series.
    Here in Germany we also have a very successful national toringcar championship named DTM with 1 or maximum 2 million viewers per race in a country with 80 Million inhabitants.
    And about soccer. There is so much to watch. If you like that, you can watch it nearly seven days a week. There are also a couple of very popular tennis tournaments, cycling (very popular in western and southern europe) and so on... And nothing but all formula one is very successful here...